1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A.I Triggers

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by DoSrsCa88, Oct 19, 2012.

A.I Triggers

1. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

Hi Again

I have been fiddling around with the A.I and I found this action called 'Add New Bully' which I still don't entirely understand what it does even after reading the explanation. Can someone explain?

:confused:

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Have you tried fiddling with it? My guess would be that it's a pre-placed unit that the AI actively harasses with and rebuilds once lost.

3. DoSrsCa88

DoSrsCa88 New Member

Not yet? I mainly asked because I thought it might be a unit that is really annoying and harrasses and micros you. But it looks I have the wrong sort of idea about it. It seems to be just a unit that goes and attacks then dies and gets rebuilt and attacks again, etc, etc, and so on, and so on.

Will that work if the A.I hasn't got a required building to rebuild that unit if it dies or does it just re spawn at a location? Also if you give an A.I a town will it treat it like a base and defend or is a town something different to a base? I also saw another action called Start A.I personality for Player. Is this for if you have a player or players that you can set to A.Is if there is not enough human players? That action is a bit confusing because I didn't think you could give A.Is human personalities as such unless they mean like a group of behaviors. :confused: :)

Last edited: Oct 22, 2012
  4. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I know very little about the AI mechanics, but I'll try.

I would think that the AI would build the required tech so that it can build more of the dead bully unit.
    I don't know what a town is. I would guess it would treat the location as a place to hold and defend and build in.
    I don't know what the Start A.I personality for player is at all. >.< Maybe it runs an A.I. in case a player leaves?