1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ask any tech questions here

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by ssjfox, May 9, 2010.

Ask any tech questions here

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by ssjfox, May 9, 2010.

1. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

We've been having a large amount of threads created lately about issues with the Beta and simple questions on how to do things in the beta like send a message to everyone in a team match (I had the same problem for awhile). So we decided to go ahead and make a dedicated board for any and all questions you might have about the tech side of the beta. Keep all questions about game play to the beta discussion board, but if you're having trouble getting the beta to work or are confused on how to do something, ask your questions in this board.

2. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Very nice. I like the idea of this forum in here.
    Just remember to lock it or change it to retail from beta in a couple of months. :)

3. Joho

Joho Guest

I just got my beta key today and went through the installation/patch updates and finally clicked play. When I try and load the game the screen goes black as if its loading. It does this for eternity and I have to task manager - end task to get out. I have tried opening ports 1119, 1120, run as admin, and change resolution.

Does anyone have any advice or ran into a similar problem?

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Sounds like your video card can't handle it. The game checks for compatibility before launching and can get stuck there.

5. Joho

Joho Guest

I double checked sc2 system requirements and my card is more than capable...any other ideas?

6. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Latest drivers, perhaps? Always a good idea to update your system completely before installing a new game.

7. seth

seth Guest

i have the same problem. the workaround i use is to open task manager, go to processes, scroll all the way down and end sc2.exe (theres two instances of it, one at the top, one at the bottom. the top one wont do anything when terminated. then i restart sc2 and it works.

8. omg_lucker

omg_lucker Guest

well guys i have a problem :endless game ... on steppes of wap PVP he canon rushed me i zealot rushed him.... he kill all my probes except 1 and i killed all his probes... Now what we have is: me-pylon, gateway, gateway and a probe and he has 2 pylons with 2 canons. I have 45 minerals and he has 70 ... There is no solution for this game to be won or lost
    ...... i dunno how to proceed ... we ve been waiting more than 2 hours already for someone to leave....

9. Ragingraven

Ragingraven Guest

I have a problem when I try to run starcraft 2 on my laptop. I dont know how to cut it short so I'm just going to copy and paste the results i got from running "dxdiag":

Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7600) (7600.win7_gdr.100226-1909)
    Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
    System Manufacturer: Alienware
    System Model: M11x R2
    BIOS: Default System BIOS
    Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7 CPU U 640 @ 1.20GHz (4 CPUs), ~1.2GHz
    Memory: 4096MB RAM
    Available OS Memory: 3894MB RAM
    Page File: 2396MB used, 5389MB available
    Windows Dir: C:\Windows
    DirectX Version: DirectX 11
    DX Setup Parameters: Not found
    User DPI Setting: Using System DPI
    System DPI Setting: 96 DPI (100 percent)
    DWM DPI Scaling: Disabled
    DxDiag Version: 6.01.7600.16385 32bit Unicode

And I dont know where it says it but it also has a 1 GB NVIDIA 335M graphics card. However whenever I try to play the starcraft 2 beta on the laptop it lags so much even at the very lowest settings. Additionally I know many people who play sc2 on the highest settings on the M11x with no problems. Can someone help please?