1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Blizzard might be working on MMOFPS

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by VodkaChill, Jan 12, 2010.

Blizzard might be working on MMOFPS

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by VodkaChill, Jan 12, 2010.

1. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Hi guys, here is a little bit of news.

http://www.nofrag.com/2010/jan/08/33345/

Translation Start :

We heard information (gained, like we say, from our source close to the case), that the next MMO Blizzard is working on would be an FPS. It will take place in a futuristic universe. I'll be a good change from the MMORPG WOW.

In this new MMO, each player will have 2 "lives": The firs one which will look like Sims Online, a giant hub with social interactions and the possibility to connect to the second life, which will constitute of first person combat.

We do not have more details for the moment. Let us precise that the project has nothing to do with the rumors of the persistent MMO for Call of Duty

Translation End.

I know this is all rumors, but usually when rumors gets out on this site, it eventually happens. They had Cataclysm info before announcement for example.

SOOOOOoooo....
    MMOFPS - A "Second life" with a Strapped-on "FPS"
    1- I think that gamers does not need another way to dump more hours in a virtual world and drain them even more of their real life quality time.
    2- Blizzard is not into helping us getting out of their grasps
    3- But If someone can make a good game out of this it will be Blizzard of course.
    4- The concept sounds interesting, smells like Matrix even if it is an new IP.

What do you guys think?

2. Lobsterlegs

Lobsterlegs Guest

I think that Blizzard is never going to do an FPS and that the statement above is a lie.

3. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    well, we havent seen a blizzard-made fps yet, and the idea seems interesting enough to be made posible :p

hope it's zombie themed :D

4. Meee

Meee New Member

Poland
    I hope it's anything BUT zombie themed.

5. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Actually being zombie themed would be cool.
    But a game where you were the zombie and had to kill all the people. That would be a nice twist on the standard zombie shooter. Sure it's already done with the "Stubbs The Zombie" game. But that game was really, and I think Blizz could make this idea into a really good fps.

6. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Sc ghost ftw?!?!

7. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    Totally agreed

Actually Blizzard officially announced that they were working on a MMO that would be totally in a new IP. THey are stating another franchise with that MMO. So even if I'd still like to play SC:GHost, sadly it won't.

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

If the idea is real, it could probably have any theme you want it to. The 'real' world would most likely be a tech style world, possibly cyberpunk. But the virtual world, well, that could be anything. Space? Zombie? Wild West?

9. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    An easy way for them to please to everyone. From people that only like building a life SIms Style, to "Killin zombies and ****s" -Ellis L4D2

But the content would need to be huge ....
    Well they are well funded....

10. lardycake

lardycake Guest

That may actually be a possibility...

Starcraft Ghost a possibility

11. asdf

asdf New Member

my vote is for SC:Ghost-like world.

although, i'd REALLY like an entirely new franchise. you can do it, blizzard!

i wouldn't mind an MMOFPSRPG. maybe a cyberpunk-wild-west (customizable weapons, armor, skills), with good PvE and PvP. heck, there should be player builds that are geared towards different types of FPS gameplay, like capture the flag or deathmatch. (steal some ideas from Team Fortress 2!)

The WoW idea of "instances" and dedicated PvP arenas is really good, though.

12. VodkaChill

VodkaChill New Member

Montreal, Quebec, Canada
    There might be an issue here. Since when did Blizzard had the "idea" of "instances" and dedicated PvP. They merely took that from other mmo.

13. asdf

asdf New Member

i guess they didn't invent it, but i don't recall which game was the first to implement it. i do know that just about every single MMORPG i played before WoW came out didn't do instances, and a good chunk of them allowed random PKing.

14. Jshep89

Jshep89 New Member

You guys are forgetting that blizzard has Activision helping them out with the FPS part of the game. I mean what better team to build a game like this then blizzard the leading MMO developer and Activision the leading FPS developer? Imagine if the WoW team worked with the MW2 team? That is one awesome game.

15. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    Gosh, I wish they would just work on one or two games at a time, but they just stretch themselves out too thin, what with WoW Cataclysm, Starcraft II, Diablo III, Next-Gen MMO... I think that could be a reason why it takes so damn long to release a game(apart from balancing)!

16. HuxleyStronghead

HuxleyStronghead New Member

Yeah, an FPS game like Deus Ex, just in MMO fashion and made by Blizzard, that would be nice. I love Deus Ex.