1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Buy your own title!

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by ssjfox, Jul 6, 2010.

Buy your own title!

Discussion in 'Forum Shop and Battle.Arcade' started by ssjfox, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

So because this idea has gotten a pretty positive response, and because we need a use for the minerals while the shop is out, I'm pleased to announce you can now buy customized titles. Put simply, you can now buy whatever you want (so long as it follows the rules of the forums and i deem it appropriate) to be put in place of your normal title spot (where it normally says cannon fodder, hero, legend, etc).

Now, as it stands right now this will cost 2000 minerals, then 100 minerals per character in title. I never got much feedback on pricing from the members i talked to so this is subject to change, and probably will change pretty fast. I'll update this thread as the price changes, so always check back here before you buy a title so you know how much you'll need to pay (it's sticked so it shouldn't be hard to find).

Current Price:

2000/100 per character

To get your title changed simply click the donate button in any of my posts ( because i don't feel like manually subtracting your minerals each time) and in the message simply put "for title change: *your title here*. and the very next time I'm on I'll change your title to whatever you put.

So i hope every will like this little edition to the forums. And be patient on getting your title changed, I"m the only one who can do it (besides jon, but we all know he's a lazy bum), and while it shouldn't ever take more than a day, depending on how busy i am it might take longer so just be a little patient with it.

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

lord of spam = 12 characters, counting spaces

2000+1200 is 3200 minerals.

da minerals r on their way, before it gets more expensive.

3. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    or less drie

4. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Eeveelution Master = 18 characters

2000+1800 = 3800

:D

5. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

I'll wait until I see how does it look like in reality. You guys will be my guineapigs.

edit: Does that mean that you get to keep all the minerals? Tsk, tsk.

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  6. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

well, the first titles are up.

They look sweet.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I'm still trying to think of something fitting.

8. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    Space Junkie. Are spaces included in the character count? Thanks Higgs.

EDIT: god this site loves to piss me off. I have the appropriate amount of minerals in checking to donate, yet I keep receiving the "Sorry, you do not have that amount to donate" message.

9. Higgs Boson

Higgs Boson New Member

Yes.

10. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Are you sure you have the minerals in your checking instead of savings? If they are in savings, it wont let you donate them.

11. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    ^ Hence why I mentioned having them in checking. I think donations aren't able to go through unless you have more than the specified amount. Case in point: I had exactly 3200 the second or third time I tried, and it didn't go through. It may have been overkill, but I withdrew an extra 800 minerals and tried again, and it worked.

EDIT: It might be worthwhile to consider cutting down the cost for the title change, if the "new" title doesn't differ much from the "old" one. For example, say ijffdrie wanted to change his title from "Lord of Spam" to "Supreme Lord of Spam" - instead of charging 2000+ the 20 characters, charge a slashed price like 1000 minerals, plus the cost of the 8 new characters. Or even better, take out base price entirely and only charge for the new characters. Also, if the title change was simple rearrangement or minor subtraction ("Spam Lord") you could charge a price of around 500 minerals.

Just my two cents on the title changes. I can be indecisive with this sort of thing and I'm sure there are others who are the same, so I think it fitting that the system is a little more forgiving to people who are having trouble settling on one title.

12. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    This is the price of the initial change - I doubt subsequent adjustments would cost as much.

Interesting to note that in the list of active people at the portal people with special titles have their titles displayed instead of their usernames (much like how we had 'Administrator' for fox and jon). I have to say I wouldn't complain if that changed but it's fine too if it stays like that.

Thanks for the quick implementation of the feature, fox. I admit I thought this was going to die for lack or responses from staff in the beginning.

13. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

I dunno Kaaraa, if it gets too cheap it might lose it's specialness. This is more so minerals actually have a use, which in turn encourages posting.

On a related note, what is the maximum number of characters in a title?

How about, the forsaken?

14. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Mine is the longest possible in one line with 2 capitals. You can have one more letter and no caps still in one line, and then you can have any length if you don't mind having it in two lines (which looks awful btw). But this depends on the letters used, obviously.

15. TSO

TSO New Member

New York
    Lol this seems like a really cool idea, although I is broke =/ haha

16. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hmm, I have come up with a title.

The Defiant

2000 + (11x100) = 3100

17. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

In response to what karaa said, yes if you want to just add something on to your title, you don't need to pay for the characters in a word you're leaving. So if Aurora above me wanted to change his title to "the forsaken" from the defiant, he wouldn't need to pay for "the".

As of right now I'm not sure how i want to handle the initial charge, if i want to make it 2000 for each title change, just wave it after the first change and just charge for characters, or meet some where in the middle at 1000 or such. I'll figure it out in the next few days.

18. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Well done Fox. I'll be posting mindlessly on the non-junk boards to earn enough mins.

Is there any deadline to this?

19. ssjfox

ssjfox Hyperion

Unless an unforeseen problem arises with the titles, then no, this will be a permanent feature to the forum. And since this is permanent, don't go around mindlessly posting everything to earn the money for it, you'll get there normally, so don't go and rush for it.

20. Ursawarrior

Ursawarrior New Member

somewhere....not sure
    im tempted to by an "Administrator" title, lol.. can i do that?