1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Can't improve... help. :/

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Kronos, Aug 12, 2011.

Can't improve... help. :/

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Kronos, Aug 12, 2011.

1. Kronos

Kronos New Member

Been stuck in gold level for ages, and i can't seem to improve at all. I always get destroyed by protoss mostly.

Protoss just builds the typical army of stalker + colossus + sentry and rapes me

Replay, help please:

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/175050-1v1-protoss-zerg-antiga-shipyard

I'll give this game last chance and see if i can improve, if not i am quitting it. I know i suck i am just gold player, and maybe never will get to plat/diam level.... I guess you're either good or bad at this game, no matter how hard you work.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    You just need to watch streams/replays and then your own ones (after some time has passed) with a critical eye. It's so easy to spot mistakes when you're not playing that diamond is pretty average for a player who cares just a little about the game.

3. Kronos

Kronos New Member

I've been watching streams on justin.tv etc, but when i try to do the same stuff i fail miserably lol.

Been stuck on gold for almost a year now, i don't think i can make it up. :/

I care for the game thought, and want to improve, but after a year i'm kinda starting to give up.

4. kuvasz

Hungary
    You don't just try to do what you saw in the stream but you also look for their mistakes. Same thing with your own replays. Watch a lot of your own replays and focus on 1 of these things at a time: worker production, micro, macro, building placement, scouting, etc. It's incredibly easy to spot mistakes, and when playing you just need to remember the things you noted while watching.

5. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    kuvasz is right, watch youtube videos of pros, or justin.tv. I started as a platinum player, and ranked #1 in masters in season 2. My hardest matchup was vs zerg, cuz as a protoss player, we are weak in early game. I watched oGsMC vs zerg, and it just "clicked", my best matchup now is against zerg.

Look for inspiration, look for little tricks, look at timings, look at what to look for... try to notice what zergs do against protoss usually.

Make sure you are getting used to using hotkeys and control groups.

Here's my pro tip:
    try to get your overlord at the protoss ramp at beginning of the game
    10 gas
    10 pool
    get speedling upgrade
    get roach warren asap
    get 3 roaches and 12 speedlings

when you get to his base, use overlord vision to attack his zealot thats blocking you with ur roaches fromt he low ground, and then run zerglings in his base, kill his probes/cyber core.

get to his base before 6min mark or you're ****ed. if he doesnt wall, even better.

good luck

6. Kronos

Kronos New Member

I'd rather win a macro game and learn something than use cheesy builds. :/

I was destroyed by silver terran today, who had only marines and thors. I had roaches + muta + infestor ( roaches at 3/3 upgrades)

I've no idea where to look for mistakes anymore... as i seem to lose every game no matter what i do. Unless it's a bronze player who doesn't even make units. If someone would be kind enough and waste his time by looking at my noobie play, it'd be great. And point out my main mistakes, you can also laugh how ****ty i am... should be fun. :D

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/175540-1v1-terran-zerg-shakuras-plateau

Thanks... btw i was watching idra play and tried some things... ofc i failed lol.

7. kuvasz

Hungary
    You spammed to 150+ APM and didn't take the effort to move your first ovie until the second one hatched? And you spammed throughout the game... what is up with that? You scouted him at 6 minutes, you don't use your larvae, you had 4 overseers, and you didn't scout for expansions. You had idle workers constantly, and you fell behind in tech. And I don't know why you'd blindly go for roaches in this matchup.

Basically what you should've done was to scout that he's teching hardcore and either create proper counters (not roaches) or drop/nydus yourself in their main. You had enough bases so reproduction wouldn't have been a problem, especially since you were sitting on 3k+.

8. Kronos

Kronos New Member

I love to spam, thought i only did it at the beginning (?)

Anyway, what should have been good counter for those thors? I think i'll try nydus or drop next game, if i'll get that far that is...

And i should scout with lings as soon as my pool finishes and later use overlord? Thanks for watching it :D

9. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    1st of all - the build i told you, is a timing push, not cheese
    2nd of all - you need roaches and banelings vs marines and thors
    3rd of all - you don't know how to engage your enemy
    4th - more upgrades

10. SC2Player

SC2Player New Member

Just scout and know how to react.. against rines and thors I would just use lings, infestors and magic box the thors with mutas.

11. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    mass roach with lings vs Thors is best, now that I have played more Zerg now. Just make sure you are keeping up with upgrades