1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Come help me out!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by CaptnSpankey, Jun 4, 2011.

Come help me out!

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by CaptnSpankey, Jun 4, 2011.

1. CaptnSpankey

CaptnSpankey New Member

GA
    Hey fellow Zerg rushers! I haven't played SC2 in quite some time. A lot has changed since I last played it. I was heavy into season one when SC2 first came out.. Playing Zerg I was in like Diamond 2v2 3v3 and Plat 1v1 or something (Yeah im bad in 1v1) I Just recently am getting back into SC2 hardcore but I LOST all my build orders. Yeah I wrote them down so I could study and remember them lul. Basically just looking for tips, strats, but mostly fast early game build orders.

Mutaling, Fast expand, Roach rush, these were things I liked but totally forgot how to do properly. I am a noob again, please halp!

Thanks

2. MastoJira

MastoJira New Member

Might as well check Liquipedia. But if you remember Zerg mechanics, you shouldn't have a lot of trouble.

Also, infestors are good. I don't think I've made a worse understatement.

3. Vogin

Vogin New Member

Czech republic
    I'm afraid this isn't something a single call for help will solve. You just have to get into it again and test it out.

4. HamsterSales

HamsterSales New Member

CA
    As a starting point I'd reccomend staying away from most hatch first builds on most maps. It used to be my preferred build, but I find in platinum it's vulnerable to a lot of forms of early pressure, even on large maps. I've been (as a platinum 1v1 player myself) favoring 14 gas 14 pool, pulling off gas at 100 to get speed, expanding at 20 after getting 4 zerglings, then droning hard if I don't scout any pressure or building a mix of speedlings drones, and spines if i suspect 4 gate/2 rax.

And while they aren't (always) the answer to everything, infestors got a big time buff to fungal growth's DPS (especially against armored) and have become the backbone of most zerg players' armies, myself included. At the least experiment with effective use of fungal and infestors.

5. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    just practice in custom games, do what you feel is comfortable, and you should get into getting a fast expand... don't listen to anyone who tells u not to. Zergs can only FE, its only in ZvZ you dont FE.