1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Diamond PvT Critique

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by zaner123, Jan 20, 2011.

Diamond PvT Critique

1. zaner123

zaner123 New Member

Washington, USA
    I just played a pretty good game against a Terran. He's 2800 Diamond I'm like 800 Diamond. I just don't play enough to get my points up..

Anyway, I'd appreciate some feedback on how I played. I was mostly happy considering I'm rarely able to beat a Terran that goes bio like that. My APM is starting to get a little bit higher which is nice. I'm typically around 60-70, but now I'm near 80. My opponents are always at least 120 APM. I don't know what they do with it all because it doesn't make them win very often.

So yeah, GO.

:)

Attached Files:

2. Rewaq

Rewaq New Member

Russia, Saint-Petersburg
    I'll look it tomorrow, now sleep.
    Btw, a lot of players just DOING SO USELESS things to get higher apm lol. Dunno why the click so many times.
    Ok, i understand micro. But over9000+ clicks on SCVs/probes\workers in 1st seconds of the game lol

3. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    its over 9000!!!!!!

4. Galaxy.ein

Galaxy.ein New Member

In BW it took a very long time for my apm to increase. Every time it increased it was due to absolutely necessary tasks. I got to the point where I was always at least at 120apm average, but I was still beating lots of players way back when I had only like 80apm. You know...macro, set up your army, make carriers. If you know what you're doing then you don't need to be that fast lol. Now my apm is like back down to 70~90 because in SC2 there are less routine tasks. I think it'll increase to 120 eventually though, and probably stay around there except when I need to do a lot of tasks.

Well I'm watching the replay right now.

My interpretation of this game is that you were going for a 2base all-in build.

The Nitpicks:
    You pylon scout and get a 12gate. Slightly more economical would be to pylon scout and get a 13gate when you see you're safe from proxies and all that.
    Your second pylon was late, but that's probably just an accident.

Minor Mistakes:
    Losing your army because you were attacking the rocks.

Moderate Mistakes:
    Your probe count off main was low, and it took you a long time to reach a comfortable probe count. Just pumping out the number you need as soon as possible, and then cutting production, would probably be better.

Good:
    Picking off mules with phoenixes.
    Timing attacks.
    Army composition--put in a handful of stalkers maybe?

A nice 1-2 punch strategy. Very aggressive. Execution could have been better, but there wasn't anything going wrong that couldn't easily be improved upon.

5. zaner123

zaner123 New Member

Washington, USA
    I find that interesting because I hardly ever go into a game with a strategy that is so far off. I got my expo up simply because I knew the Terran expanded and I had no hope of beating him right then. I would have taken another expo if I wasn't very confident that my attack was going to beat him.

I kind of hate stalkers vs Terran. Stalkers just die so fast to everything... Zealots not so much. Plus with charge they can prevent kiting fairly well.

6. Galaxy.ein

Galaxy.ein New Member

In that case I would say you made a major mistake, which was not getting nearly enough probes. You expanded with something like 29 probes, when you should have had at least 35. Keep producing probes throughout the game so your economy is stronger. It'll improve the strength of your play a lot.

Last edited: Jan 21, 2011