1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dr Hanson thoughts.

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by zuds, Jun 6, 2011.

Dr Hanson thoughts.

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by zuds, Jun 6, 2011.

1. zuds

zuds New Member

E n g l a n d
    After your complete Zore houra and you talk to Tosh they say.

Raynor "What do you think of Dr Hanson?"

Tosh "Shes a lovley thing, full of huny that one. At least thats what she wants you to think."

Raynor "You think shes hiding somthink?"

Tosh"You ever wonder why the zerg hit her work so fast? Somethink there they want, some think made of hunny. Buzzing little bees"

Just want to know what you think of this. Was she infested in the first place like that woman from Frontlines volume 3 story Last Call?]

What do you guys think?

Thinking about it... she might be a changeling...

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 6, 2011
  2. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

She's not a changeling. Those guys virtually never talk.

She seemed to really hate Mengsk and was opposed to the idea of using the xel'naga artifact. On the other hand, there's little evidence of infestation, especially if you pick Safe Haven. Even Haven's Fall could just be her experimenting on herself, or having gotten infected beforehand randomly by other infested Agrians.

3. asdf

asdf New Member

Nah, i think it's just that her zerg research involves infesting people. Probably not volunteers, either. Given that all terrans as a race all have psionic potential, those experiments could be drawing the zerg towards her every time she does another experiment.

4. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Just my opinion, but I think psionic potential simply means each terran has the possibility of having psionic children. Jim Raynor, for instance, is not a psychic, and his wife probably wasn't, but his son is.

The manual for StarCraft I said terrans were only a few generations of unlocking this potential. Perhaps if the terrans survive, in a few generations they'll all be psychic. But at the moment in the StarCraft universe, I don't believe terrans are unleashing any kind of psionic power (with a few exceptions, mainly ghosts).

Last edited: Jun 11, 2011
  5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

Note that even then, ghosts are incredibly rare. The dark templar saga said that the confederacy had about 200 ghosts at it's command, and that is with sector-wide screening of several dozen billion (just roll with the number, it was Blizz's idea, not mine) people, and most ghosts are under a psi-level of 7, meaning that they can barely do anything other then sense vague emotions. Kerrigan and Nova are pretty much the only terrans (Ramsey did not have them as a terran) to ever have significant psychic powers.

The most popular theory about Hanson is her infesting herself in an attempt to test her cure. The zerg were trying a new method of infestation, carried by a pathogen. They attacked her colonies so that carriers of the new infestation would flee to majorly populated planets. They attacked her new colony because everyone was going there instead of spreading among the stars. At least, that is the most popular theory.