1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Dumbest HotS Question You've Read

Discussion in 'StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm' started by BloodHawk, Feb 2, 2013.

Dumbest HotS Question You've Read

1. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    I've tried searching on Google, here, and Team liquid without any luck.

So, I go forth and make a clown of myself. Do you need to buy HotS in order to use the new units and maps in multiplayer? I know that sounds stupid.

Yes, I know what an expansion pack is and how BW, TFT, and LoD worked. But those are all about a decade + old and you see games like War40k releasing stand alone expansions.

I swear I remember one of the Devs saying that HotS units will be available for WoL players at no charge because it was their fault that the scope of SC2's campaign wouldn't fit in one game and that was how they explained spliting it into 3 different campaigns in 3 different games as not a money grab. That and something about wanting to be sure e-sports did well by not splitting the community.

Does anyone remember that too?
    Does anyone have a solid answer with a source they can link to?

(Zerg campaign looks amazing so far, I just don't have much disposable income these days after rent/food so it'd be great if I could get away with putting off the purchase for awhile.)

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Hey man.

Yes, you have to buy the new game to play with the expansion and in the ladder on Battle.net. If you don't you will simply play WoL for all time. They have said they "will continue to balance" but we all know what that means.

BloodHawk likes this.
  3. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Lol, hello Jon.

Yeah, that would make the most sense. Sigh, on to the credit card it shall go.

Those greedy bastards! Well, at least adding Pandas to WoW made me never want to play that again.

4. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    For the time capsule:
    I still have not purchased HotS.