1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

First pylon and general help

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by DUBYWAR, Jan 26, 2011.

First pylon and general help

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by DUBYWAR, Jan 26, 2011.

1. DUBYWAR

DUBYWAR New Member

America, CA
    I like to play 2v2's with my friends and I wanted to first know how many probes I should build before I get a pylon. Also, if anyone wants to 1v1 me and give me a few tips (because when I face my friends, the battles don't last 15 minutes because I can easily rush mass zealots) I'd appreciate it.

2. zaner123

zaner123 New Member

Washington, USA
    The staple build of a Protoss is 9 pylon, 12 (or 13) gateway, 14 Assimilator, and cybernetics core when the first gateway is done.

What I mean with those numbers is, for example, when you have 9 supply showing you build the pylon. At that point the 9th probe will still be building.

That build is pretty efficient, works well against all races, and sets you up for many different strategies later on.

3. Raynor

Raynor New Member

Yep it is the 9/10 supply count then 13/18 gateway and 14/18 gas. Then second pylon at 15/18 and 18/26 cybernetics core i believe.

To get the basics down as protoss you should get the basic strategies down which are the 4 warp gate and 2/3 gate robo tech.

I would start with the 4 gate because you need to be good with gateway units like positioning them and using sentry force fields to divide and trap your opponents army. Attacking at around the 8 or 9 minute mark is usually the best time so you can see what your opponent is doing.

If they are playing defense then expanding yourself is what you want to do then tech up to the right units that will do well against your opponents like immortals if they have lots of armored units or colossi if they have lots of light armored like marines or zealots.

4. WhiteWalls

WhiteWalls New Member

What if you just don't mass zealots, but get an other army composition?
    You'll learn way more from it, and it might be more of a challenge for you.

Also, if you're European, you can add me: Lateralus, 427.
    I can battle you sometime.

5. Spikaddyinsip

Spikaddyinsip New Member

France
    Jetmech wrote:One more question...........what temp did you cook them at and did you use and wood?

6. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    consider putting a pylon in your teammates base, in case he is in danger, you can just warp in his base to back him up.

I thing I have came up with. I wall off completely and warp my army in my teammates base, leave some stalkers in my base, until we are ready to push out.