1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Free Graphics and Photo Editing Software

Discussion in 'Graphics, Wallpaper, Fanart, Signatures, etc' started by Imagine., Sep 15, 2007.

1. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

- - - - - - - - - - - - -
    Compiled by ImaGiNe.
    Please note that the programs included are not produced, maintained, or sponsored by me or starcraft2forums.org. All links will refer you to the home page of the producers and/or hosts of the program and you should contact them about tech support. Also, you will not hold me or starcraft2forums.org responsible for any and all problems encountered after installation of any program. These programs are from third party developers and sources and should be used with caution.
    Although these programs are hosted by their creators or on other mirror sites. It is possible for the host to go belly up, so please report all broken links and I will do my best to find a mirror.
    _________________________________________________A NEW OR UNLISTED PROGRAM HAS BEEN FOUND!:
    With our listing of programs and utilities, we hope to have only the best utilities available, however we may not know whether or not others exist or have been recently made. So be a good citizen and let us know by PMing me or any other moderator of these forums to add on and edit the listing.
    Interested in making your own signatures and editing your own photos? Do you want programs and applications that will not hurt your wallet? If you answered "Yes!" to the above questions, then this topic is just for you! Prepare to be amazed at the sheer amount of freeware/open source software that are available for you, the user, to enjoy! Below is a listing of free graphics/photo editing software:

Graphics & Photo Editing Applications: [ 7 Programs and Utilities ]

Paint.NET - Download [Windows]
    - - - - -
    "Paint.NET is free image and photo editing software for computers that run Windows. It features an intuitive and innovative user interface with support for layers, unlimited undo, special effects, and a wide variety of useful and powerful tools. An active and growing online community provides friendly help, tutorials, and plugins."

GIMP - Download [All OS]
    - - - - -
    "GIMP is an acronym for GNU Image Manipulation Program. It is a freely distributed program for such tasks as photo retouching, image composition and image authoring.

GimpShop - Download [All OS]
    - - - - -
    "GIMPshop is a modification of the free/open source GNU Image Manipulation Program (GIMP), intended to replicate the feel of Adobe Photoshop. Its primary purpose is to make users of Photoshop feel comfortable using GIMP."

PhotoFiltre - Download [Windows]
    - - - - -
    " PhotoFiltre is a complete image retouching program. It allows you to do simple or advanced adjustments
    to an image and apply a vast range of filters on it. It is simple and intuitive to use, and has an easy
    learning curve. The toolbar, giving you access to the standard filters with just a few clicks, gives
    PhotoFiltre a robust look."

Serif PhotoPlus - Download [Windows]
    - - - - -
    "PhotoPlus 6 is the perfect choice for editing and enhancing your digital images and photos for print, email and the web."

Pixia - Download [Windows]
    - - - - -
    "Pixia is the English version of a popular free painting and retouching software that originated in Japan. It features custom brush tips, multiple layers, masking, vector- and bitmap-based drawing tools, color, tone, and lighting adjustments, and multiple undo/redo."

ImageWell - Download [Macintosh]
    - - - - -
    "ImageWell is a small, but powerful, image editing application that lets you quickly resize, crop, watermark, edit your images, take screenshots and then upload them to the web, save to your computer or email them to a friend. ImageWell also lets you annotate your images with text, shapes, arrows and lines, quickly and
    easily. And it doesn't stop there - add a drop shadow, a shaped border, flip or rotate your image, plus so much more."

Irfanview - Download [Windows]
    - - - - -
    "IrfanView is a very fast, small, compact and innovative FREEWARE (for non-commercial use) graphic viewer for Windows 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP/2003/Vista."

Am I lacking something? Please feel free to suggest other great programs that I did not mention and I will do my best to edit this listing! Also enjoy your new programs!

2. -LT-

-LT- New Member

Nice collection! Thank you for this :powerup:

3. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    Thanks Imagine! :powerup:

4. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

InfranView is also a really good one that I have used many times int he past.

5. Skyblades

Skyblades New Member

Aerro Supreme Capital
    This is simply identical to finding the light in the pits of the underworld. This is a lifesaver. Now, to find out which will work for my Mac!

6. ced

ced New Member

Canada
    If you have a tablet. Try ArtRage for PC and Mac (there is a free version you can DL) Get it here.

7. zerodown

zerodown New Member

puerto rico
    I was looking for some software that vectorizes better than the vectorizers on corel draw and photoshop illustrator