1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Game Requirements and graphics quality...

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by Lemmy, Jul 26, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Game Requirements and graphics quality...

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by Lemmy, Jul 26, 2007.

1. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Try to find out these please. If you can, also ask about the resolutions and textures quality, and maybe even try them yourself.
    If you are allowed to, why not post some screenshots in different game settings? See if you can get some. If you dont, give the idea to the staff to post them on the internet. That will surely answer some questions of the people with older computers.
    Thanks!

2. generalrievous

generalrievous New Member

I think they'll announce all the reqs but I could be mistaken

3. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    There's another thread on this if I'm not mistaken...

4. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

i dont think players will have access to the game settings, most of the user interface stuff gets done last. also no1 except blizzard will be letting out video or photo footage of sc2 at blizzcon

5. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Blizzard themselves said that there'll be a wide range of graphical settings to choose from, although it's probably half way done at most. I'd expect all the terrain/doodad detail settings to be complete, but the units, buildings, and FX settings probably aren't even integrated yet, at least for Zerg, who are still in the concept phase. I wouldn't worry about sys reqs too much, it's no Oblivion or even CoH.

6. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

what i mean is that at blizzcon, the menu interface will probably not be accesible to people playing the game.

7. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Yeah. Do some reconnaissance, but I wouldn't worry to much about a shortage of new screenshots after Blizzcon. I bet the StarCraft II official site will be overflowing with new videos, screenshots and such after more stuff gets revealed at Blizzcon. Maybe they will even get the Terran section up and running!

8. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

i want the requirement to be high so not anyone can play it.
    uhm. only the deserving ones should play it. so like if really want to play it, buy a new PC just for STARCRAFT 2. here in my country i dont want anyone can just play it in cafe who don't even know what the game is all about and has little few knowledge of starcraft 1. hhmm most pc internet cafe here has low pc specs, so i dont want them to have starcraft 2 installed that easily with poor quality setting use on it and let any noob play it. they need to buy a new one (assuming starcraft 2 requires a strong pc) to bring the best graphics starcraft 2 can offer. ^^

9. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Lol, where do you live?

10. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

from a 3rd world country. lol

i know you can figure it out.

anyway most gamers here are just so not updated. and when new cool games suddenly appears(aka starcraft 2) they all like... omg! acting like they are not noob and in fact they dont even know that the game was already released half a year ago in other countries like USA. lol

11. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Aw, comeon 11 (My new affectionate name for you)....Just tell us

;D

12. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Texture quality: Low, Medium, High.

Resolutions: Everything you can think of.

13. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

I think that anyone should be able to play it, no matter if they have a Windows Vista or a Windows 95. No one should be denied a great game because of their computer. The only hope those people have of becoming "non-noobs" is to play the game. Saying "You can't play this because you're a noob," doesn't make too much sense when everyone starts out as a noob. There is not one single person on Earth that does not "deserve" to play StarCraft II. Telling them that they can't play it just because they are ignorant or because they don't have an UberComputer wont help them move beyond the "noob" phase of their life as gamers.

P.S. I know that you won't be able to play it on a 95. I'm just saying.

14. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    If you really wanted to make it so that only "dedicated" people would be able to play the game, might as well make it required for them to own a $50 million supercomputer.

15. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Zeratul you are a pig. I dont know where you come from, but im not from the netherlands either but I dont give a shit about who plays the game or not. I choose who I play against, and I dont play against newbs if I dont want to.

16. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

He think newbs, or people who is not familiarized with the original SC shouldnt be able to play it, so the requirements should be higher so only SC fans would by able to play (The only ones eager to put more money on their comps to upgrade them).

At least thats why I understood, maybe im wrong.

17. PancakeChef

PancakeChef New Member

United States
    I think that it should be avabible to a wide range of old and new players, in my opinion its all about having fun. I understand that some people want to play on a more competeive level because thats what is fun for them but that doesn't mean you have to count out newcomers to the game either.

If SC2 Battle.net is gonna be anything like it is currently then you wont have to worry about it because it matches you to players with similar stats as you.

So 11 I understand that you want to play players around your skill level and play competitvely but you shouldn't be so hard on people playing the Starcraft series for the first time. I would hate to take the experince of playing a fun and enjoyable game away from someone just because they are new.

18. Lemmy

Lemmy New Member

Damn people crap is very simple: Blizzard is a moneymaking company, not an orphanage.
    They want to sell a lot of copies.
    They need the copies to be playable to sell a lot of them.
    So they will make the game playable in lower systems just to have a larger market.

19. qOcOp

qOcOp New Member

y arent u the happy kid eh scrooge?

20. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

Yeah so the machines they are running at Blizzcon are screaming fast and still crash a crap but the game has yet to be optimized, which is the final step before release and the doors are still wide open to the system requirements. Its really business philosophy question you are asking- do you make a more exclusive game or a one that everyone can play with antiquated graphics? Blizzard always make the best game possible which is somewhere in the middle (and usually requires me to upgrade my video card but thankfully not replace my whole PC) To make money it must be accessible to the masses and still compellingly fun.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.