1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Getting teammates to agree to your plan

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Supernova, Aug 10, 2011.

Getting teammates to agree to your plan

1. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    it's important to get your teammates to all be on the same page in a 3v3 or 4v4.. Best way to do it is to have at least one other person agree to your 5:30min push.

Just say - 5:30 push, ok? Then your friend agrees. Then you win!

Maybe thats a bit of an inside joke - Seriously though, do you find it better in team games to have an overall goal in the beginning of the game rather than a unit-specific goal, or visa versa?

Please post your experiences.

2. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    That's my strat, and our inside joke lol!

but yeah that works most of the time, it doesn't stop that random idiot on your team...

3. hyperion

hyperion New Member

spain
    I think it depends. You can go for a time specific attack, or a prefered unit. In the second situation, you also have an aproximate time. If you say carrier, I know my lings will be alone at the start... if you say mass immortal, i will not got mass roach...

anyway, saying 5.30 and just waiting all them to pledge to your decision is.. annoying. I like to tech. If 1 of my mates says to attack at 5.30.... I may go with him (or more usually only support)... maybe 1, 2 times... the third I also want to enjoy and play my style... so don't just say 5.30 and wait all them to agree... usually if someone prefers another strategy you will have to adapt as much to him, as him to you to try to get the synergy while being individual and enjoying.

I remember several cases of people: "i will go at 6 if you dont go I quit".

... no word ...

4. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    in diamond and masters, we expect everyone to know how to do every kind of build. So if we say "rush at 5:30" you have better chance of winning if all teammates rush at 5:30. If a player doesn't rush, its either cuz he sucks or he's a dooshbag.

what you described is true in rare cases, but not really in masters/diamond. when it comes to early pushes, the defending team has a slight environment advantage, and its 4 players defending against a 3 man push, pretty easy to stop.

you should play as a team, not solo. If you don;t wan to rush, tell your team not to rush cuz you aren't. I will agree to whatever the majority of the team wants to do, except worker rushes lol.

Supernova and I, know this because we always lose because of 1 guy on our team always does his thing instead of playing with the team.

5. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    Truth!

Seriously though, its good to be coordinated.. Even if the guy who wants to macro decides to FE (i.e zerg), he should make an efffort to get some army/fighting units out for the push. Every little bit helps. And yes, in masters/diamond league, its definitely crucial to play as a team with a common strategy.

6. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    bump!

7. CADE

CADE New Member

hi first post, long time reader.

i used to only play 4v4...then got sick of people not responding to anything or doing a carrier rush/void ray rush...i just leave the game now in the beginning lol..

8. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    actually leaving the game, may actually give you a better chance as they will get their rush going even faster thanks to your extra income lol.

Or you can rush DTs or banshees to buy your teammates time. But yo I never leave the game like that.

Supernova and I often get sh!t when we tell everyone that we are mothership rushing, and yet it works extremely well if you aren't getting DT rushed lol.

As Bruce Lee says "Become water my friend", you must be adaptable.