1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

halo mod help

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by omegasin, Sep 19, 2010.

?

do you think a halo mod is a good idea?

Poll closed Sep 28, 2010.
  1. yes

66.7%
  2. maybe

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  3. eh

33.3%
  4. halo sucks, as do i.

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
Multiple votes are allowed.

halo mod help

1. omegasin

omegasin New Member

i really like halo, but theres no pc strategy version. bungie hasnt fixed it so someone else should. i am no good at modding, but if a fellow halo lover who is wants to brain storm, i dont even want credit, just a version i can play anywhere, (online or no), and has the job done right.

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Aye, I be in total agreement with ye! But I am not aware of the entire halo tale. Me skills be willing, but me knowledge o' th' subject be a bit below parrrr. Just a fair warning, matey: I already be involved in many projects, and thar be little time for another.

3. omegasin

omegasin New Member

fair ENOUGH. HALO IS BASICALLY a futuristic tale about humans expanding into space and settling many colony planets, then after we amass quite an empire, an even more powerful group of aliens, not one species but several in an alliance known as the covenant, attack us without prover cation. they worship an even more powerful race known as the forerunners and much of their technology is based on the fore runners. more about them later. they quickly begin destroying human colony's, first defeating all resistance then spraying them with plasma or glacing the planet, destroying all life permanently. as wee are slowly destroyed and hope begins to run low, a new type of soldier superior or spartan, more powerful even to the covenants most mighty is developed by the humans. to make a long story less long but not short in the fps halos you play as the master chief, the best and leader of the Spartans. with his help the humans discover the covenants most mighty weapon, the halos, which basically destroy all life in the universe. chiefy single handedly destroys it and escapes alive. eventually after more adventures and close calls MC leads the humans to victory and kills the covenant leaders or prophets. im sorry i dragged on but this series has over five magnificent games in it so i actually was quite brief. if your interested we can talk about the three sides. i forgot to mention, the flood who would be the zerg, basically zombie creatures leg by the grave mind if your in we can talk details.

4. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    To be perfectly honest, Halo Wars sucked ***. It really, really was one of the worst RTS experiences I've had in years. This not due to the controls, those were awesome. The thing was that everything was so limited in strategy and map design. I don't really think anybody is waiting for a direct translation of Halo Wars into another RTS. Especially not one as "hardcore" as Starcraft 2. :/

5. omegasin

omegasin New Member

man i own halo wars, in fact every halo ever. they are pretty good, even halo wars. i know what you mean about the maps though. really i just think it would be pretty cool. it would be quite different from reg. st2 and so quite frankly, if you don't like the team get out of the stadium.

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Omega, respond to my visitor message! I wanna learn more about this!

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    I freaking love everything Halo, but Halo Wars sucks harder then a cyclone on Jupiter.

8. omegasin

omegasin New Member

it wasn't the beast i admit, but i want to change that. i want to have a strategy halo game that is good. for example, in hw squads of the same unit were used. in this i want multiple types of unit of species. have grunts with plasma pistols, some with needlers and other with rocket, or variants there of. same with elites and jackals, although i don't expect a golden game. such variants for the three factions would allow unique strategy's and army's. you can see why i require an excellent programmer. i myself am no where near good enough, just the brains not the muscle. i want what halo wars should have been, and with proper help i shall have it. we have no cost or budget or time line. no rush to finish, no need to cut corners for cost. all i need is skill and someone willing to spend time to do it.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2010
  9. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    You gotta respond to my visitor message first, dude. The above is good with me.

10. omegasin

omegasin New Member

sorry, im not sure how...:err::err::err:

11. omegasin

omegasin New Member

wait i have