1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Has anyone made a Macro//Micro map yet?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Takaim, Oct 3, 2010.

Has anyone made a Macro//Micro map yet?

1. Takaim

Takaim Member

I've looked up and down the list and havn't seen anything that looks like the macro micro maps from SC:BW. Game was fun and I wanna play it on SC2. Just curious.

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    What do you mean, macro/micro maps? Kinda like Builders and Fighters?

3. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    do you mean micro arena?

4. sSoulSs

sSoulSs New Member

Portugal
    hello,

Yes Tak, theres a map by Teamliquid where you can train your micro skills

i guess its something like

multitasking train map....once i arrive at home i will post the correct name

just check it in the custom games...but you'll need to click "show more" cause it is not in the first ones..

Edit: the thing is...im from Europe so...i dont know if you can find it in the US servers :s
    if you cant find, can i send you the map by email? like a normal file? im just asking cause now they keep the majority of the game info in their main server so...but ill be glad to help if i can

sSoulSs

Last edited: Oct 4, 2010
  5. Takaim

Takaim Member

I don't think any of you understand. It's called Macro Micro (Map name).

The game is pretty much exactly like a 1v1 melee except for one main difference, each team is composed of 2 people playing from the same base. The macro player of the team controls the buildings and workers. Makes the buildings, pumps the units, mines etc etc...so pretty much he's the macro of the team. The micro on the other hand gets control of all the attacking units or pretty much any unit that's not under the macro's control and he micro's them.

It's a fun game because it helps your practice both your skills (seperatly of course) but none the less practice them. the best part is is you can practice them without worrying about the other. Love the game and wish someone would make it.

6. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Basic melee conditions, except all units besides probes and buildings go under the control of the micro player. Doesn't sound too hard.

7. Takaim

Takaim Member

I'd make it but the map editor is above my level of thinking. xD I could make it on SC:BW editor but this new one...looked at it for 10 minutes awhile back and gave up in utter defeat. lol Besides the fact it helps with everything there are lots of times where I'm sharing control of my units with killed off partners in games so either I can or they can focus on macro while I micro. Would be good practice for that as well.

8. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    The only problem is that there are situations where micro and macro come together, for example the Queen unit.

9. Takaim

Takaim Member

Doesn't matter, it's still microing the unit. It just has an ability that is macro oriented. It's meant as a defensive unit for the most part and sometimes an offensive one. Pretty sure it would go under the micro's control.

10. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    How was carrier interceptor construction handled?

11. Takaim

Takaim Member

Well..depending on the version of the game... Either the micro had a constant amount of 500 minerals/500 gas for building and upgrade purposes. Things like forges and engineering bays where you upgrade attack armor and shield were in the micro's control. In other versions the macro would have the ability to give the micro money in order to buy things like interceptors and upgrades and such.

12. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I definitely see upgrades as part of macro. In fact, I like the second part: If your micro needs resources, you have to take it out of your macro.