1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

help :eek:

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by hellfire, Mar 15, 2011.

help :eek:

Discussion in 'Protoss' started by hellfire, Mar 15, 2011.

1. hellfire

hellfire New Member

can somebody please give me some protoss mentoring currently i'm 80th in the bronze leauge and i realy want to get my self out of bronze or at least up the leaderboard a bit.:(

2. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    What strategy do you usually use?

3. hellfire

hellfire New Member

either 4 gate or 3 gate dt rush

4. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    Try going mass stalker sometime, or void ray rush and own the enemy from in the back of their base by focusing on vital buildings (nexus or gateways [or racial equivalent]) to weaken them, and then go in with some forces and wipe them out.

My friend said that DT rushes and 4 gate isn't very useful, until you have your micro/macro down, and even then situationely.
    Look up on how to do a 3 gate build, fast expand into robotics. Just research thermal lance upgrade, practice using guardian shield properly and you'll be harder to beat. It's also always good to watch top Protoss players like WhiteRa (DuckLoadRa), Huk, Kiwikaki. Ffor ideas and timings.

Good luck.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2011
  5. madbrad

madbrad New Member

Learn to use the force field, it can save you in the early game from rushes. Then its a matte of reaction to what your oppent is making. Always keep making warpgate units. Then modifiy with a robo or stargate as needed.

6. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
  7. TheWarOwl

TheWarOwl New Member

USA
    You sir need to focus on the basics.

For a Protoss, learn how to execute an appropriate 4gate attack, and you will through that learn the beginning game. Please do not DT rush, its a form of cheese, and you really should be learning a standard build before you go any further.

I tell you what, I might make a Protoss opener tutorial on my channel, I post back here if I do. Pretty much in all matchups, unless you want to zealot rush, you are going to be doing the same opener, the only difference is in PvZ you wall off, otherwise you don't.