1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Help with Attack-Move Triggers

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by ZelashOculah, Jul 6, 2010.

Help with Attack-Move Triggers

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by ZelashOculah, Jul 6, 2010.

1. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    General Help with Triggers

So I'm making a map and there's only one thing I'm missing...
    so I've got two bases and there's four computers (2 to one base) and the four comps have an endless amount of guys to use to destroy the two players, and I used the "Order action multiple times to achieve the effect I wanted, but it's not quite what i want.
    The enemy units that aren't attacked just stroll to the location they are ordered to go to and wont attack anything unless they get attacked.

Is there a way I can have them attack on sight rather than being attacked? cause I kinda thought I could possibly do it in the way most zombie maps work (you know, the enemy will just follow and attack you no matter where you are?). any and all help is appreciated, I really wanna get this map finished, since it's actually the only one that has ever gotten close to completion (also that I haven't gotten lazy with) ^^

Note 1: I have some 2 sets of attack-move triggers for each comp (so 8 sets of them, each set being about 6-7 triggers) and it goes that if only player 2 is in the game then all 4 will gang up on him/her, and if there's both players then 2 comps will attack 1 comp at a time.
    Note 2: If needed I can provide a map file or a more detailed description of my problem.

I also want to make it fair but hard, and I kinda want it so then the hero unit you get can heal himself (by like 1hp or a very tiny amount) every time he kills something. is it possible to pull this off or is it just that I can have it so then if anything kills an enemy the hero gets healed?

so I have a slight problem... somewhere along the move order paths, the units stop and eventually make a roadblock so to speak. is there a way other than adding a whole crap load more move triggers so I can avoid this?

Thanks in Advance btw ^^

Last edited: Jul 6, 2010
  2. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

This should get the computer to continue attacks all in one trigger. If you would like to continue to use the Order command, please make sure that Attack or Patrol is selected instead of Move to location.

It is very possible to get your hero unit healed after X amount of kills using death counts or scores. Take a look at this thread and find Moogle's post. It should walk you through the basics!

3. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    General Help with Triggers

Yeah I think Patrol would be more wise, since I don't intend the enemy to get to the location, but want them to fight like crazy to it, I'm using the Attack Order but they move past enemies if not attacked.
    As for the post, I'm sorry but I don't get how to put something that seems this huge together... Can you or anyone else provide a good way to do it? maybe post what the trigger needs to work? I want hero healing simply cause having large amounts of health and more damage than any simple unit just isn't enough to have the unit survive on it's own...

Sorry If I annoy or make things difficult for anyone, I'm just getting back into map making and am doing a campaign.

(Note: this is obviously off-topic but how do I change the name of this thread to "General Help With Triggers?" I kinda wanna make a thread where anyone can post trigger problems and get help, all in one thread so people don't have to hunt all over the place... don't mean to change the subject ^^)