1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to pass stage 8: Welcome to jungle?

Discussion in 'Wings of Liberty Campaign Discussion' started by truelies, Sep 25, 2010.

How to pass stage 8: Welcome to jungle?

1. truelies

truelies Guest

I selected "brutel", can pass 1-7, but can't pass stage 8.

2. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    Four important things.

1. Get marines, medics and goliaths, nothing else.
    2. Get all the upgrades you can for those.
    3. Kill the enemy "sealing" probes QUICKLY. Don't want them taking away any of the gas.
    4. Collect the terrazine SLOWLY. Trying to take an altar will alert a sizable force to attack, so focus on building up your army so you can both defend your base and your SCV on the altar.

3. truelies

truelies Guest

Currently only 4 terrazine left, I need all those 4. The enemy is too strong, I can't defend those.

4. Fake ID

Fake ID New Member

The thing to think about when you take the gas is that they come from the two entrances from their base (left or right depending on which side you take the gas I think). What I did was clear out the entire map below their base with MMM (heavy on the Marine to take out the Void Rays), no stinking Goliaths (there's a reason they were discontinued :) ), take the expansion in the middle then block off the two entrances from the enemy-base with bunkers. Then I took all the gas at the left side and done it, they do stack the attacks but when the bunker-walls fell the SCVs were on their way back to my main.

I think the thing is that their attacks gets stronger and stronger, so perhaps taking all gases at the same time gets you 7 times the weakest attack or something, or possible it's just that their units clog up, but it worked on Brutal. Or it's the time passed that makes their attacks stronger, so if I tried to build up after taking one gas at a time their attack got too strong as it took too long time.

When protecting the gas I usually sent my units to kill the Probe then immediately withdraw, usually the enemy seemed to withdraw as well or sometime they just went for my base when their probe was dead, but it's better than going for my units in the open as they've got buildings to occupy them.

P.S. Also got all the relics to show them Tal-Dorim who's the boss :)

5. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    If you're looking for a simple cheap way...send 1 reaper at their probe and throw down those c4 thingys this will almost always get the probe before it finishes (you lose 1 reaper)... This will keep the open section free with 3, clear this and build a command center, good if you have plant fortress researched. Then your scvs can deliver it to the command center right there and you get a big tank to hold off toss forces.

6. truelies

truelies Guest

Passed with brutal. This stage is difficult. You are right, we need to pass as quick as possible.

7. Takaim

Takaim Member

Alright, this is what you do bro. Build up a force of marines, mars, and medics while also dropping mercs whenever you can and taking the middle expo when it's ready to be taken.

Make the force and run through killing off the probes and then the middle base when you get enough units. And then do something very cheap, grab a few SCVs from your base and build a bunch of turrets. 4-5. Build them close to certain places, like the entrance to the 3 on the bottom left side. Build 4 or 5 and it's bye bye voids and scouts. You just need to build turrets and keep some scvs with you at all time. Just go one by one building a few turrets here and there while paying attention to your bases. I advise building turrets at the middle expo because collasai come at you and they hurt.

There's a vid on youtube of it, pretty handy bro. Figured it out though before I saw it. o.o Does that make me a badass?

8. THEMAN

THEMAN Guest

So i tried everyone's ideas, even some I found on other sites, and none worked. I tried the marauders medics goliaths groups, the turrets everywhere method, everything. Finally, I gave up and said I can do this better.

*********Very Mild Spoiler Alert**********
    *********This post talks about certain tactics of the Protoss**********
    *********If you haven't played this mission yet at all, please**********
    *********don't be mad if this gives away certain of the mission******
    *********plot line*******************************************************

So here's what I did to pass brutal: First, I took the +10 marine life, both medic upgrades, and the marauder upgrade for slow all units. Then, with 300 minerals to start, built 3 scvs to start gas mining, 1 scv go build a second barracks, and the rest start minerals. Soon as possible, built the reactor on the first barracks, then built the tech bay on the second one when it is finished. Sent that scv to go build supply depots, and then just started pumping out marines, medics, and marauders.

As soon as the protoss sent their first scv to the mine just south west, I took the 3 goliaths, and whatever other forces I had built, and took that force out. Then mine it, and kept ramping up scvs on minerals, ignoring the second vespene deposit. Pumped out forces, got both upgrades at the engineering bay, and NEVER built a goliath...they are extremely useless. A marine has 55 life plus medics, a void ray will have a difficult time killing a force of marines with medics, and a goliath is waaaay too expensive and dies easily.

I let the protoss seal the mines at the very top mostly, and mined the one southwest, the 3 that are kind of north and mostly west. When the protoss tried to seal those, went and killed them, and mined them right after, with the two barracks pumping out the forces to hold the base until the big force can get back from protecting the scv. When I started having a few extra minerals, I built 2 extra turrets at the north cliff where the 1 is originally, and a bunker as well, then built a bunker at the entrance (I had the shrike turret upgrade).

Eventually I had only the mine at the very top just east of the top entrance to their base left, and they went for it. I got the marauder and marine mercs, and all my other forces, and headed up there to kill the scv and then the main force. I left it all there, sent all my scvs up, and then lifted my command center off and flew it to the east edge. Then I started the scv harvesting as soon as the force was killed off, moving the CC up the side out of sight of the protoss, and landed the command center just south of the relic and photon cannon, so the scv wouldnt have to go far. Just after the CC took off, the message came up saying the terrans must be stopped, and the protoss sent a huge force to wipe out my base...that's why I moved the CC...it had happened to me twice before.

The protoss tried to attack, but my force managed to hold them off just long enough for the scv to finish harvesting and get to the CC....I had 2 marines and a marauder left.

Hope that helps if you are frustrated.

9. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    Those are the most important parts of your entire strategy. We can tell you all the cool tricks to make the level easier, but it's called brutal for a reason. You have to be really good at macromanagement to win. Even despite that, if you constantly make SCVs, make 6 barracks/factories to constantly make units, and get all the upgrades, you can beat every single level up until the final missions (Gates of Hell, etc).

10. truelies

truelies Guest

This stage is very difficult.

1. You must get all 7 which near you.
    2. At the later 4, you get those all together.

11. THEMAN

THEMAN Guest

Yeah lol, it's hard. The trick is doing all the little things fast and efficiently. I think now that I have it beat, I am going to try doing the marauders/goliaths one again.

As for 6 barracks...I wish lol...simply can't harvest enough minerals fast enough to do that AND build a force to win. Anyways, hope that gives someone another way of completing it...I suspect the new changes to the Void Ray with the recent patch will make it slightly easier though.

12. Takaim

Takaim Member