1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

How to set speaker setting to mono?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by EonMaster, Aug 29, 2011.

How to set speaker setting to mono?

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by EonMaster, Aug 29, 2011.

1. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    Does anyone know how to set a laptop with built-in stereo speakers to play on mono instead?

I haven't told many people, but I have permanent paralysis in my right auditory nerves. This means that my right hear has 0% hearing and there is no way to effectively fix it.

My problem is that this also makes headphones nearly worthless for me since stereo setting would only allow me to listen to half the music. I was told that setting my computer to mono settings would fix the issue, but even going to the control panel and changing the advanced setting to "laptop mono speakers" doesn't seem to make my laptop play in mono rather than stereo.

I mostly want to be able to play it on mono so I can use an ordinary pair of headphones for when my roommates are busy on homework or when it's late at night. I could special order a set of headphones that automatically converts stereo to mono since it's designed for people with hearing problems, but I want to see if there is a way to fix it on my end without having to buy them.

I'm using WinXP and have Realteck HD Audio output as the built-in speakers.

The earphones I might get is from here: http://www.scansound.com/1-Bud.htm (thinking of the left bud ear-hugger model)

2. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Try changing it back to stereo, and moving the balance all the way to the left.