1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm a creep..I'm a weirdo...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Vulcan, Feb 3, 2011.

I'm a creep..I'm a weirdo...

Discussion in 'Zerg' started by Vulcan, Feb 3, 2011.

1. Vulcan

Vulcan New Member

Tasmania
    To creep or not to creep, that is the question ?

I'm always unsure in a mirror Z vs Z match-up as to whether I should be creeping a highway to the enemy bases or just creep between my hatcheries ?
    Obviously creep between my hatcheries is advantageous to me being able to zip between them for defense, but does creep towards my enemy help them more than me ?

I'd like to get some opinions please and some tips on what zergs do in mirror matches inregards to creep.

Thanks. :)

2. Darknesssss

Darknesssss New Member

I never spread creep in ZvZ for two reasons, one being it will give him an even advantage as it would me, and second, chances are he's doing it anyways, so instead of spreading creep i'll focus purely on producing units, and right when he has creep half way to my base, i can use his creep to my advantage to enter his base quickly. That way if i have to retreat he can't get back to my base as quick as i can get into his. That's just my thoughts. It's a must have, but if ur opponent is doing it too, why waste the few seconds it takes to make a creep when you could be focusing on ur larva production and more units.

3. ikkabotZ

ikkabotZ New Member

4. Elexin

Elexin New Member

Brisbane. AUS
    If you've got the apm spare then yeah deffinately spread your creep, creep tumours = vision... vision = information, information = win :)

also, phase 3 = profit.

5. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
  6. ikkabotZ

ikkabotZ New Member

Build your own creep highway to reinforce your units faster, don't connect to their base because then you give them the same advantage. Unless you're totally stomping him, then connect and just squish him.

Last edited: Feb 5, 2011
  7. TechFour

TechFour New Member

Maine
    For me it depends on how I'm feeling and whats going on in the game. If he seems to want to play defensively than sure, get that creep spreading. But if he wants to kill you really fast I say make him walk over the dirt.

Of course it is always a good idea to connect your bases and extend at least a little ways out so you can get the vision to know when he has units outside of your base and you can get prepared. If you want more vision and have the APM to do its then go ahead and spread it. But definitely focus on macro first.

8. Vogin

Vogin New Member

Czech republic
    My ZvZs are usually over before there's a time to even think about creep spreading, but when they last long enough, I don't spread it; basically because I'm lazy. I will however change my opinion thanks to one of the posts above, because I forgot that Creep Tumors give its owner some extra vision...

9. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    creep up for sure, because its even ground for both players.

consider this:
    if you had a good creep spread which is better than your opponent, and you attack, you will reinforce faster than he can. Then again if you fail, he'll have an easier time countering you. Vision is the most important thing in the game anyways

10. alanroberts0011

alanroberts0011 New Member

It's really up to you. If you're lazy then don't. Because it really makes no difference in my opinion either you spread or he/she spread "creeps" of course :D

11. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    you don't know what you are talking about. If you don't spread your creep, your opponent will. Yes you both share the movement speed on the creep but he'll see you coming, and will be prepared for every front door move you make. Giving him the confidence to keep expanding over you.

Since when is being lazy ok? its like saying if you dont feel like micro-ing your observer don't make one, just play blind.

Vulcan clearly posted on this forum to get advice in order to improve himself, not to stay at the same level with less effort.