1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

Let the Speculation BEGIN!

Discussion in 'WWI 2008' started by Ych, Jun 23, 2008.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

Take a look at Blizzard's official website.

Once you open it, it opens up a wallpaper.

We all know that WWI is only days away. Blizzard loves to do these kind of things right before a game is announced. I remembered during the annoucement of WOW and SC2, they did something similar to this.

People have been speculating that the new game announced at WWI could be D3. But from the looks of it, the wallpaper doesn't have any kind of D3 feel to it. Infact, it looks very SCish to me.

Anyways, let the speculation begin!

2. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

i think it looks more like wrath of the lich king

3. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

Look to the left side of the image, if you lookg closing (mid left) you will a swirling pattern and what appears to be writting. hmm. What could it say? Also if you attempt to save it, its name is "Ice1".

4. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    The wallpaper could be considered Diabloish, it just depends on the take they'll play on the Diablo storyline, but it looks more like Wrath of the Lich King to me. If it's anything, I doubt it would be Diablo3, as then they'd have way to many projects going at once. World of WarCraft, Wrath of the Lich King, StarCraft2 and then Diablo3. Might just be me, but that certainly looks a bit too busy.

Even though the wallpaper has indicated the announcement of a game in the past, it isn't confined to that, so my money's on it being related to Wrath.

5. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    well its ice, and the lich is ice....so its gotta be related to WoW 3rd game.

6. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    stupid WoW T_T

7. ItzaHexGor

ItzaHexGor Active Member

Sydney, Australia
    And what's wrong with World of WarCraft? It's the same as all Blizzard's other games, so what makes it so stupid? People are always paying it out just because it's cool to, and when questioned about it they just fob of the question by saying something like 'because it's wow', which if anything just proves my point that there's nothing wrong with it and only heightens the fact that they probably want to play it only can't afford to pay the twenty per month. But honestly, what's wrong with it?

EDIT: Take my word for it when I say this is the short version...

8. Babmer

Babmer Guest

YES, THE TIME FOR DIABLO TO RISE IS NIGH!!!

ahem. Yeah if you look closely its covered in demonic runes etc etc, annnnnd it all seems to fit with WWI, i for one cannot wait for diablo 3, diablo was one of the first games i ever played!

cross yer damn fingers people :s.

Edit: Hex they have already announced that they are working on TWO other unannounced projects ;D, besides wotlk and sc2. I'll find the source hold on.

9. KuraiKozo

KuraiKozo New Member

Uranus lol =D
    well Hex, i'm just tired of all this WoW stuff =(
    i want something new.

10. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    Deffinatly looks like WotLK

Although Hell could have frozen over and this is Diablo 3.

One problem with WoW is repetitive game play. You go through the same zones doing the same quests. Even if you switch factions is there much difference? You spend most of your time killing 20 "x" or finding 15 "y". Quests have similar formulas with different settings no matter where you go. Even end game you have to grind faction or collect **** to gear up.

11. ShdwyTemplar

ShdwyTemplar New Member

Tacoma, Washington
    Did anyone consider Warcraft IV? They have stated that WoW is canon for only a few events, but otherwise it is of its own storyline. (Don't remember where they said it.) I would be very interested in Warcraft IV.

12. lurkers_lurk

lurkers_lurk New Member

Red Bluff, CA
    i know how about the Lost Vikings 3? i love the lost vikings. =P

Last edited: Jun 23, 2008
  13. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Here are the links to two of the hidden images:

http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/ice1.jpg

http://us.media.blizzard.com/232309/_images/04.jpg
    [​IMG]

Lipton from Starfeeder is speculating that since the second picture is named "04" and D is the fourth letter of the alphabet that tomorrow we will see a similar image titled "09" which is the ninth letter of the alphabet, I. He thinks they're going to spell Diablo 3.

Furthermore, the Diablo3.com domain name is being groomed for something, and there are a number of other indications to me that a game is in the works.

I'm inclined to agree with him and I stand firm on my belief that D3 will be revealed at WWI. I will be sure to provide confirmation of this as soon as we know at WWI. :D

I very much doubt that there is another WarCraft or StarCraft title in the works ATM because of the combination of signs I have seen since March.

But good luck with deciphering these clues. While this isn't enough for a newsie, it's certainly interesting. :D

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

it is rock&roll racing 2

15. Light

Light Guest

I will die of happyness, DIABLO 3!!

..even tho WoW is still a dark cloud over me >_<

16. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I've read some speculation that the runes one the left are from Frostmourne, the sword Arthas uses in WC3. I myself am hoping that first picture has something to do with soul gems. All hail the coming of Diablo 3!!! ;)

17. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    Developing three games at once might be a lot, but this is Blizzard we're talking about. They have a ton of resources to draw from thanks to WoW. I think it just might be possible that Diablo 3 is in the works. At least I hope it is, because it's completely awesome.

18. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

19. Babmer

Babmer Guest

Would be no reason for blizzard to tease anything wotlk related, as it has already been announced, blizzard do not have a habit of going to the extent of making spash teasers for alrady announced games!

Regardless, yes the rune is similar, however such could be jus a coincidence due to the LARGE and i mean massive, amount of info pointing in D3's direction.

1. Multiple job postings for top secret projects
    2. The project "hydra" rumors - justified by a very late leak on a website of peter Lee (blizz art dude). Just look at this:

http://www.peterconcept.com/gallery/...p?g2_itemId=32

Hydra: Coming Soon
    Date: 06/22/2008

WarCraft

StarCraft

The only question remains is: is project Hydra indeed Diablo 3?

3. gah too much evidence to point to here, you get meh point tho :p

20. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

Why would D3 be ice/including warcraft symbols..? I mean, I'm all for it being D3 out the ass, I just don't think we should be hyped...hell, it could also be some brand new IP.