1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Logitech m505 mouse not working w/SCII

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by nonaHora, Feb 2, 2011.

Logitech m505 mouse not working w/SCII

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by nonaHora, Feb 2, 2011.

1. nonaHora

nonaHora New Member

Hey, just wondering if anybody else has this problem and/or a solution. What happens is that whenever I try to move the mouse, It'll jump around and scroll at the sides of the screen. This kinda bums me out because I bought the mouse specifically for SC2. Should i just splurge and go for a higher end mouse? The mouse is wireless and is laser, not optical. it says 848 nanometers on the bottom, not dpi. I've tried to play on multiple surfaces, and it works fine outside of game. Comments and suggestions appreciated.

2. Epiclepsy

Epiclepsy New Member

de_dust2
    And you say it only happens when you play SC2?

I used to own a Logitech G7 years ago and my mouse would do this while I play Counter-Strike: Source, due to two reasons: 1.) Battery life close to depleting and 2.) The Wireless Receiver being too far away from the mouse.

If it's not any of those two factors, only other thing I could think of is that it could be that it's a laser, since they seem to be a lot more sensitive than optical mice. If that's the case, I know you said you've tried using different surfaces, but have you tried using a gaming mouse pad?

3. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    Hmm, it should work fine I don't see why it wouldn't unless you have the mouse to far away from the receiver.. >_> I bought an M305 from Office Depot for like $10 and it works great with no flaws.. Might try that one if you don't figure this one out, its a decent mouse, not really built for gaming but neither is the M505. And with the 12 month battery life on the M305 I never even turn it off. Lol

4. JusticeX19

JusticeX19 New Member

Ive got that same mouse M305 and it gave me too much cursor problems it would jitter too much when playing SC, but outside gaming everything about the mouse worked flawlessly. Im under the impression that "wireless" mice are not the way to go gaming. Because of that slight delay as opposed to a wired mouse. I decided to spend money on a high end razer mouse and the jittering problems went away. Although it was pricey, i was able to play the game without any interruption or delays.

As for your mouse nonahora like i posted, i also had the same problem with the M305 although it might be different models, it was practically the same issues. I really have no clue since it basically happend to me as well...