1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Map Testers Needed

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by ZelashOculah, Sep 9, 2009.

Map Testers Needed

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by ZelashOculah, Sep 9, 2009.

1. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    hey, if anyone has some time they need to kill I wanna test a map I made in the time of a day, a very small, simple map, also my first. you start with a base that has two barracks 1 engineering bay, 200 pop points worth of supply depots in a faraway location a command center and also a crashed norad, which is called your 'Life-Line' which keeps you alive. the objective is to repel incoming waves of lings, (using only marines) and to kill all zerg buildings, all while keeping your life-line alive (without it you lose) you also have 2 bunkers with heros in them.
    although this map is not 100% complete, it is playable and I'd like to test to see if the victory triggers are working or not. I am in the Us West Gateway, go by the name of ZelashOculah or Jackson Felblade. I will host the map every week starting on this week. the game will always be Zergling Onslaught///marine. see you there and thank you in advance.

2. exe

exe New Member

j

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  3. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    ok, will do, thx. please keep in mind this is my first map, that has constant spawning, just dont die though, i have t ling killing triggers if one player dies, cause then it starts to lag and the unit max will be reached. if anyone knows how to do a trigger like that then plz tell me how to. Im still learning map making.

Attached Files:

4. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

There are a few things that I would like to suggest regarding the triggers and game play in your map. Let me start off with the trigger suggestions/fixes:

TRIGGERS

Since Players 5-8 are assigned to Players 1-4, I suggest having a trigger that detects whether or not a player is present and if they are not, the Computer Player's units are removed.

An example would be Player 5 being assigned to attack Player 3. If Player 3 does not exist in game, then Player 5 is removed. Here is how to do it:

This would remove all of Player 5's units (freeing up valuable map space and lowering your chances of hitting the map's unit limit) as well as ending the scenario in defeat for Player 5.

Instead of creating two Zerglings every second, I suggest placing a trigger that detects when the Zergling's owner has only 50 lings left. Once the 50 lings criteria has been met, the trigger would then generate a fresh wave of 80 lings to supplement the existing force.

NOTE: I will use Player 5 again.

It is up to you to change the variables but keep in mind the map's limits!

I noticed that some of your triggers are shared for the Computer Players, I suggest saving up file space and time by making triggers in the Force 2 section when you need them to do COMMON things. I also suggest that you use 'Current Player' in the action/conditions accordingly.

The trigger example above is now universal for Players 5-8 so now you only have to one trigger for four players instead of four triggers for four players! You could also apply this to the human forces as well.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

GAME PLAY

For the game play, I noticed that it is pretty linear and boring since the base defenders pretty much whoop Zergling *** without support. I think you should limit the amount of base defenders or change the units to hero ghosts. Furthermore, there are upgrades that require Vespene Gas when Vespene Geysers do not exist making upgrades impossible!

To spice up the game, I think you should throw in some Hero Zerglings, Hydralisks, Defilers, etc. etc. just to mix it up a bit. Place a time limit for waves of attacks as well! That'll keep players on their toes!

Stack minerals but keep them at a distance to avoid fastest money type scenarios because I used the mineral wall to my advantage. I simply blocked the two entrances -- after I removed the Base Defenders -- with barracks and had marines ripping the enemies from a distance! Stack the minerals into one so it cannot be used as an obstruction, unless of course that is what you intended!

No problem with unit production speed but if you are going to add in other units to the waves, you should tweak unit productions speeds a bit to match the difficulty of the waves!

If you require more assistance, please feel free to post your questions here! I'll be glad to help :)

5. exe

exe New Member

k

Last edited: Sep 17, 2009
  6. ZelashOculah

ZelashOculah New Member

Over There
    oh cool thanks Imagine! I will make sure to put these in the map. I couldn't get to you earlier cause my comp was gassed and I thought I lost the map but I remembered it's on here! ^^