1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mapping help please

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Rayzor, Oct 27, 2010.

Mapping help please

1. Rayzor

Rayzor New Member

Hi everyone, I am new to the forums and to mapping so please bare with me :).
    i have done extensive searches online with no answer in sight to my problem. I need to know how to place my Hatchery close to my resources...like a fastest money map, I figured out how to set the command center and the nexus by changing the footprint of each one but the Hatchery has a few more detail in its footprint like ,creep and no matter what i have tried i cannot get it to place next to the resources like the others.
    I seen a post by JBL about using different map editors but everyone i have found wont load for some reason or another... and i cant seem to find the answer to my question anywhere and i know it can be done...ive seen maps with the setup im talking about. I even dled the said maps and tried reverse engineering them to find the answer but no joy theres just to much info to try to sort through and i want my map to be clean not wrecked with a bunch of useless variables and triggers and what not.
    well if anyone can help me out i sure would appreciate it..and if i can get it figured out ill be sure to share my map with the community. thanks again in advance.

Last edited: Oct 27, 2010
  2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
  3. Rayzor

Rayzor New Member

thank you i will check out that thread and let ya know how it goes

4. Rayzor

Rayzor New Member

ok well the results are in....i checked out that link and the suggestion posted didnt work....but the funny part is after testing with no luck i decided to change the hatchery footprints back to the original settings and for some reason it works now...thats just strange...i mean i didnt change anything i set them back EXACTLY as they were originally and now i can place my hatchery right next to my resources.. me and some friends tested the map for like 3 hours last night and all worked well...still a few little bugs need working out but other than that all is good.....dont know how or why but if it aint broke dont fix it...lol and thanks again for the help....LaterZ

5. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    nice to see it worked out for you ^^

6. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    We will always be here if you need any more map-making assistance! Also, check out the rest of the forum. ;D!