1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Massive Spoiler alert! VIdeo of secret mission!

Discussion in 'Wings of Liberty Campaign Discussion' started by Mattata, Aug 1, 2010.

Massive Spoiler alert! VIdeo of secret mission!

1. Mattata

Mattata New Member

I am giving one final spoiler warning!! This is obviously a HUGE spoiler so please dont yell at me because I gave fair warning.

These are some youtube videos of the secret mission.

I have linked to them instead of embedding just to be safe with the spoilers. Dont click this link if you want to find out for yourself, it shows how to get the secret level and shows gameplay of them.

I have to add that this video is seriously one of the funniest videos ever. The guy whos talking made me laugh so freakin hard the way he says stuff.

Part 1 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7MMiwVVUXJ8

Part 2 - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9lND1brDUMA

Enjoy!

Last edited: Aug 2, 2010
  2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I watched it because I don't think I'll be redoing the campaign from the start. Looks nice and hard but I can't quite put it in the story... maybe I just didn't hear all the details.

Also, Husky's no longer fun. This forced humour is getting on my nerves. Good thing SC2 is out and I can play it instead of watch streams of it.

3. Suzina

Suzina New Member

California
    This secret mission has some interesting story implications. And since we're in the SPOILER forum....

Do you think this means Meingst is behind all the hybrids? or is he only studying some captured hybrids?

4. Archangelclk

Archangelclk New Member

5. Space Pirate Rojo

Space Pirate Rojo New Member

Canada, eh?
    He isn't behind ALL the hybrids, considering Duran already had his own lab and, if I remember correctly, many others scattered around.

What is said in the secret mission is that Mengsk's scientists made the one you see in the lab.

6. Galgus

Galgus New Member

Perhaps Mengsk is working with Duran/ The Fallen One/ whoever is behind the Hybrids for some false promise of power or something- I think he is being used because the resources of the Dominion can help create more Hybrids.

Also, wasn't it Mengsk who ordered Tychus to kill Kerigan? Could that be related to the prophecy?

7. Arous

Arous New Member

He did, but I think it is not related with the prophecy. Megsk didin't know anything about the prophecy, IMO, it was only Zeratul's and Kerrigan's (and then Raynor's) knowledge.
    Maybe Mengsk wanted to control the Zerg himself, and maybe in the next part we'll see his fight with Kerrigan for Zerg domination.

8. Galgus

Galgus New Member

The secret mission where Mengsk is found to be producing some Hybrids may tie him to the Fallen One/ Xel Naga/ Whoever is behind the Hybrid in the Protoss Prophecy.

That would explain why he would want Kerigan dead: he would be under advice (orders) from the one really behind the Hybrid.

9. Arous

Arous New Member

Yep, or he's making hybrids on his own (with Duran / Dr. Narud), and has his plans on dominating the Universe.
    I wonder what is Valerian up to, he got what he wanted (killed the Queen of Blades), so it's interesting what he'll be doing next.

10. Galgus

Galgus New Member

Someone is helping him make the Hybrids, and that may well be the one centrally in charge of the Hybrid.

Valerion is a wild card- perhaps Mengsk will die and Valerion will take over, but Valerion's moral standing is largely ambiguous.

Anyway, even if Mengsk is helping/ being helped by the one in charge of the Hybrid, I'm almost certain that his plans for the Hybrid involve him as Emperor of the universe; but I doubt things will work out that way.

Blizzard did a good job at leaving the ends so open that there are many possibilities for what happens next, and thus many theories.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  11. Arous

Arous New Member

Mengsk is a good politician, I don't think he'll let someone make him a puppet. On the other hand, he could make deal with Hybrids in exchange of ruling the galaxy,
    Very good ending from Blizzard, very positive, most expected by the fans of Raynor and Kerrigan, and still with lots of open questions and possible endings. Only Kerrigan's hair in the final movie made lots of questions about her deinfestation level, and it's only one side of many.

Last edited: Aug 17, 2010
  12. Galgus

Galgus New Member

If he made a deal with them, both sides probably intend to backstab the other.

I agree it was a good ending.