1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Need serious help with my overall game..

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Tehazard, Oct 11, 2011.

Need serious help with my overall game..

1. Tehazard

Tehazard New Member

South Australia
    ive been playing sc2 a while.. been stuck in bronze on SEA servers for a couple months and got sick of it.. almost sold my battle net account. then hopped into the NA servers and got straight into gold :/ after a long school year of inactivacy i was auto moved into silver and now im stuck there..

my question is this.. can somebody tell me what im doing wrong? my apm is about 40-50 every build i try seems to work once and thats it. i watch day9 streams, i watch more sc2 than i play.. dont tell me to go 'learn the game' please..

everything ive seen, been told to do to get into the higher leagues is complete bull****. 4/10 games i get cheesed, and from the other 6/10 3 of them are rushes, and the other 3 games i usaully win.

the main problem i have is zerg... out of about 20 games 2 of my zerg opponents have teched to roaches. - yes roaches. here is the only zerg build ive ever seen in my life.. 6 pool, sht it failed... ummmm.. mass speedling.... sht that failed.... ummm? mass muta!.

im fairly confident with my pvp but if i expand i lose, if i dont i lose to my opp expanding, if i scout no expand and i dont expand i get dt rushed..

im fairly confident if i was in the diamond league i would be competetive but these nubs are holding me back :/

(this is your responses as i predict it)
    you need to scout more
    learn the game more
    perfect your build
    practice
    hot key
    macro more
    micro better

none of this helps against a 6 pool or a marine rush..

rage over. let the 'l2p' comments flood in.

2. Tehazard

Tehazard New Member

South Australia
    who would have thought.... played 2 games.. cannon rushed and marine rushed... **** i love this game so much.

3. BlueIron

BlueIron New Member

Teton county Idaho
    Dude piss on the system and do a zealot rush like everyone else or like do a forge first with a defensive cannon the get gateways and tech a normal, or do a fast void ray tech Zerg especially hate that. :D

4. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    i kno how u feel. honestly, there is a reason that people don't "cheese" as much in higher tiers -- because good plays can fend them off.

U need to learn to get faster thats all. in ur build timing, in ur micro, etc. once cheese fails, life is good. i suggest u practice to get higher speeds, etc.

not that the game is very balanced at the moment ;)

5. Tehazard

Tehazard New Member

South Australia
    theres not much you can do against a ling rush.. the only way to defend it is if youve already pre-emtivetly started to wall off and somehow manage to get a zelot at the front, i mean im fine with walling off ling rushes.. the thing is after the initial rush all the zergs do is get speedlings and mass them up so you cant expand then they expand 5 times and you lose :/

last few games have been alright i guess... my build atm is gateway, cyber core, expand, 3 gates, twilight, forge, 2 robo, expand, stargate or more gateways depending.

if i can hold off attacks untill the 7-8min mark, i usaully win

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Wrong attitude, and good guess at the solution. But more isn't the right word, you need to learn to interpret what you see. Click on gas buildings to see how much gas they have accumulated, compare that to the number of workers they have and you've got your opponent's build order and thus know the types of strategies that can be executed from that effectively. Keep your scout alive as long as possible, and don't be afraid to stop making workers to react to rushes. Be flexible with your boosts - just because you want to boost your warp gate doesn't mean you shouldn't boost your zealots three times if that's what you need instead.

I'm fairly sure that if you can't scout and fend off cheese you wouldn't last long in diamond. It's time you started blaming yourself and not other players who play with the same rules as you.

7. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    Often enough, gold players struggle with their mechanics, but seems you don't want a mechanics lecture which I am pretty sure its your issue.

However another aspect that you might be struggling on, is your decision making. Do you know when to do what you want to do or what do when someone is doing something to you. These decisions are easily learned from watching VODs of professionals. I learned 80% of my decision making from watching youtube videos and GSL matches (oGsMC)

Learn your timings, when you watch your replays and VODs, look at what time they attacked you, try to adjust your build so that you are ready for any possible timing push. Such as get detection at 6-8min, get enough stalkers at 7-9 minutes for mutas etc...

You must understand there is no secret ingredient that will make you better all of a sudden. We all go where we are from the amount of games we have played and learned from.

you need to be nimble and proactive, read the situation constantly.