1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[New DOTA like map] Hero Attack

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by -1equalsexp(ipi), Sep 12, 2010.

[New DOTA like map] Hero Attack

1. -1equalsexp(ipi)

-1equalsexp(ipi) New Member

Hello, I've recently finished the first playable version of a map that I have been working on since the release of sc2. Introducing...

HERO ATTACK

Hero attack is an MOBA style map similar to dota. Players work in teams and control heroes and their goal is to destroy the enemy team's main building. Heroes can gain experience, buy items and learn special abilities.

However, this is not a dota clone, there are many differences between hero attack and dota. Most noticeably each team must pick a race (Terran, Protoss or Zerg) before the game starts, and each race has a unique set of items, heroes and units. All heroes and items are based on sc2 units and abilities so it should be fairly straitforward how to use each hero (the ghost hero, for example, has abilities such as snipe, cloak, emp and nuke). The map layout is different from the dota one (the map has 4 lanes instead of 3) and every 5 minutes the lanes will spawn additional troops. The computer player on each team harvests minerals and vespene from there base and gives it to the allied players on the team. There are also neutral hostile critters that you can kill for additional gold. Currently this map has:

- 3 playable races.
    - 18 playable heroes.
    - 45 items.

Here are some videos. Keep in mind that the videos are of Hero attack in lowest graphics settings because my laptop cannot handle anything higher than that. :(

[youtube]Ai6R9CywpzM[/youtube]

[youtube]gsxIJdZCfbE[/youtube]

[youtube]dFzYm1rzM18[/youtube]

I spent alot of time on this map so please give it a try.

If you want to play this map (or something different other than the popular maps), go to join custom games, click show new only and its only 4 pages down. The map is called Hero Attack (version 1).

This map is only available on the North American server at this point in time.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2010
  2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    What is your starcraft 2 username/friend code?

3. -1equalsexp(ipi)

my starcraft 2 name is eipi, though I will probably change that to iiequalsexpipi if blizzard ever allows for name changes.

4. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
  5. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I still need your friend code to add you.

6. -1equalsexp(ipi)

Sorry, its eipi#463

7. -1equalsexp(ipi)

I have added some videos of the map to the original post. Please view them if you are interested.