1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

P v P | Proxy Dual Gate

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by HSGameSoul, Nov 9, 2011.

P v P | Proxy Dual Gate

1. HSGameSoul

HSGameSoul New Member

[Mini Guide] P v P | Proxy Dual Gate

Hey, E-sport fans.
    I would like share my often used early game strategy against Protoss in battle.net. For you info i play in mid master league.
    Although blizzard nerfed Zealot build time and Gateway build time, i believe dual proxy gateways is still useful in some maps, like in 2 players maps where you know where opponent is at even without scouting. You may still perform this in 4 players map but risk is higher.

Overview

Send the first created probe to oppoent's base cliff. As soon as it arrives, build the first pyron right the edge of the cliff. But do not go for the scout right away, the other player could be little suspicious for coming for a early scout. Wait till around 9/10 then go for the scout. Make sure to stop making any probe after 10, 300 minerals are needed for 2 gateways to go up at the same time therefore you will have same production time for 2 zealots. Then you may produce another good amount of probe till 14/18 or 13/18 but make sure to save 50 energy on Nexus for 2 zealots production. And don't forget to build a pyron around 12/18~13/18. As soon as gateways are up build your 2 zealot with production. Keep them pumped with chronic boost. you may save up to 4 zealots if opponent player has not searched you yet. If you see cybernetic Core instead of two gateways in his base, it is probably GG. Make sure to micro effectively.

When to use

This is 2 players map or 3 players map strategy i suggest not to perform this strategy in 4 players map although you may still be successful. Bigger the map Risks are higher. Another important thing is that base must have a cliff that can not been seen unless the player send a worker manually. I suggest Xel'naga Cavern, Duel Sight, Xel'naga Fortress would be the great maps to try this strategy. Please do not use utill you are well practiced.

Build Order

7/10 Send out first probe to oppoents base cliff and build pyron as soon as it gets there.
    8/10~9/10 First pyron depends on how fast you sent it out.
    10/10 Stop making anything save up 300
    10/18 Two gate way at the sametime on the opponent's base
    11/18 After building gateways keep producing probes
    13/18 Second pyron (could be either your base or his base)
    17/18 Two Zealots with Chronic boost
    18/26 Probe
    22/26 Second Zealots with Chronic boost
    23/26 Thrid Pyron.
    At this point you may decide to build nexus for expansion or go for third gate to finish him off.

Tips in Using This Strategy
    1. Act like a scouting probe, do not go directly to build gateways.
    2. Do not provoke enemy, he may put a worker to follow your probe.
    3. Set a rally point toward his nexus. This prevents zealot from stucking.
    4. Save up Chronic boost for gateways.
    5. Build a choke point pyron, if he does not have 2 gateways up.
    6. Micro zealots seperately, if one gets followed keep them kited, and other for attacking.

I hope this helps you out with playing starcraft 2 better.
    Thank you for reading.

Oh here's youtube example : )

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MlH_k1Pz5Uk

Last edited: Nov 9, 2011