1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Proper use of a Protoss Mothership

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by The True Blade, Aug 25, 2010.

Proper use of a Protoss Mothership

1. The True Blade

The True Blade New Member

He never saw it coming. =D

Attached Files:

2. Amberlamps

Amberlamps New Member

Awesome replay! I tried it myself and didn't get the same results. Maybe keep experimenting.

3. The True Blade

The True Blade New Member

Thank you very much for the compliment kind sir =D It's actually quite a solid strategy once you get used to using it. I haven't lost using it yet. Although normally i would send over an observer first, I already knew from the void ray that he had missile turrets so it wouldn't of gotten far in terms of scouting =P

4. Scvrush-

Scvrush- New Member

http://www.theuen.com
    I made a Mothership strategy video for starcraft 2 that shows how to use the Mothership Vortext ability at high level players. Also, I try to incorporate a lot of interesting information on how to use it.

I think the vortex ability is fairly underused, In this video axslav use it very well against his opponent. I don't think I have seen the Mothership's mass recall ability used at all lol.

5. 1n5an1ty

1n5an1ty Member

Reality
    Blade, you got really lucky :)
    If he expanded, and took map control, and scouted (which he did), and took action accordingly, you would have been pretty screwed.

Saw stargate -> go vikings.
    Saw 5 gates -> Go m/m/m + hellion/tank
    u bring ur ms in, he'll have huge eco compared to u, and vikings take it out (which u might vortex and use stalkers to take out), and thus the m/m/m + mech comes into play. hellion take out lotta zlots, with tank support for stalkers.
    u shuda scouted more, then own him moar.

I agree that vortex is fairly underused. I love it. 200 supply army vs a crapload of bc and thors. vortex half them = i win.