1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

protoss that needs help with 2v2

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by lazerlemon, Jun 1, 2011.

protoss that needs help with 2v2

1. lazerlemon

lazerlemon New Member

Hello, Me and my friend play 2 v 2 in bronze/silver league (i am ptoss he is terran) and we have been having A LOT of trouble. if we manage to get into late game we do extremely well and will usually win in late game, that is not the problem. the problem is we keep being paired against people who either go variations of terran or zerg and do early marine/roach/zergling pushes and destroy us every time they do. as a terran my friend can usually defend pretty well on his part but protoss early game is so weak that I always get destroyed even if i try to put cannons on the choke ( i also tried forcefielding my choke but then they just both double team my friend) . I would really appreciate some advice.

2. Takaim

Takaim Member

Post a replay bro, I'll let ya know what you're doing wrong. And don't let the gold placement in 2v2 fool you, I'm pretty good. xD

3. lazerlemon

lazerlemon New Member

first time on here, wanna help me out with posting replays, haha. i know how to get to the files just not post em

4. Takaim

Takaim Member

Down below the quick reply box click "Go Advanced". Then scroll down the page till you see a box that says "Manage Attachments" within the "Attach Files" area under Submit Reply. Then just browse your files and post a replay or two.

5. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    learn how to 4 gate, while your friend goes marine and marauders.

chronoboost warpgate as much as possible, get a zealot and a stalker out before you drop your 3 other gateways. this should buy you enough time to get units out.

a fast 4 gate, only use 1 gas.

good luck

6. teraformer

teraformer New Member

kansas city, MO
    re

I build a pylon, then forge, then a couple or 3 cannons. Then I pump out a couple of Zealots. MOST of the time that deters early marine rush. Even when like a dozen of them show up just a couple of cannons and a couple of Zealots is usually enough to drive them off.

7. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    You are hoping that one of your opponents aren't zerg who can just go roaches, which are good against zealots and cannons. Zergs who see a forge tech to roaches. Then again your teammate must go marauders. Thus putting you guys in an awkward situation where you guys are vulnurable to air units.

This game is based on unit composition, simply making 1 kind of unit, just doesn't cut it.