1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question about .MPQ .OGV and Cutscenes

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Commander_Cain, Sep 30, 2010.

Question about .MPQ .OGV and Cutscenes

1. I figured this is the best place to ask this. I was using the MPQ extractor to get into some of the files for SC2 and I was able to find a lot of the voice files for the cutscenes, however some were missing and I soon discovered that there are 4 cutscenes (The Deal, The Prophecy, The Betrayal, The Showdown) that do not have seperate audio effects and voice files. Its all one file from what I could tell.

My question is, is there anyway to extract just the voice from these cutscenes (which are in OGV format) or are there seperate voice files that I just missed?

Thanks in advance.

Random comment: I also noticed that these are the only cutscenes that start with "The", I wonder if that has some significance to the way they are put together.

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I looked around on google a bit, and I'm beginning to think you CAN'T extract audio from .ogv video. Maybe convert to a different filetype, extract the audio, then convert back?

3. Thats what I'm hoping but I don't even know if thats possible. There is so little info out there about this that I'm trying to see if any one has a method to suggest at the very least.

Also, For Pony! :p

4. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Sorry, I can't be much help beyond googling stuff, which I'm sure you're capable of. Cutscenes happen to fall under the category "Campaign" which is the area of mapping/modding I know the least about.

5. Well thanks anyways, hopefully someone will know something more about it then us lol

6. torxnl

torxnl New Member

hey I just see that you managed to extract the starcraft 2 cutscenes. I am using an MPQ editor by zezula and when I extract the cutscenes all i get are files like this: Terran01.SC2Scene

How did you convert those files to actual video files? Or have I extracted the wrong files?

Hope you can help me!

7. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Like I said, Campaign-related things are my weak spot, and a basic google search hasn't returned any useful results for ".SC2Scene."