1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions relating to Terrans

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by concreteasflesh, Jul 29, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

Questions relating to Terrans

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by concreteasflesh, Jul 29, 2007.

1. concreteasflesh

concreteasflesh New Member

some things ide like to know if possible from blizzcon about terrans::

1- will ghosts call down take energy(no duh) and how much, how long is the cool down.
    2- the units you recieve: do they take up supply or are free of it? will they be perminent units or on a count down(like broodlings)
    3- how is the Thor built, through multi SCVs, or can 1 build it, how is it teched? will it be in the build menu?
    4- how does the banshes cloak work.
    5- anything on the medic?
    6- how fast does the viking go from ground to air and vice versa, and is it defenceless during conversion?
    7- how does the Battlecruisers torpedo work?
    8- anything on the gatling gun turret?
    9- THE NEW SIEGE TANK!

ill add more when i find out what to ask...

2. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    1. The Call Down ability will have to take energy, and quite a lot too. I'd imagine the cooldown is also pretty long for balance reasons.
    2. The units will have to take up supply, again for balance. Or else you could just build ghosts until you max out your population and call down reinforcements, unbalancing the game. I don't think they'll have a time limit, but they'll probably just have less health.
    3. The Thor would be built, I think, just like a building. 1 SCV at a time, from the build menu. Probably the very last thing you could build as well.
    4. I'm thinking it's just like the ghost's and wraith's cloak: research first, and dependent on energy.
    5. A couple of (accidental?) mentions from interviews, but not confirmed yet. It's probably the only returning Terran unit that hasn't been seen in action (aside from the ones that were removed).
    6. The viking would have to take a bit of time to transform, or else it would be unbalanced. Say a group of Pheonixes are overloading, then they change to ground immediately and pummel the Pheonixes. Unbalanced.

That's all I know...

3. wuffle

wuffle New Member

Phoenix hit ground and air.

4. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    I was talking about their overload only.

5. i2new@aol.com

i2new@aol.com New Member

What about the science vessle?

6. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

So here is my limited research on terrans, (I like the protoss so much better)
    1- will ghosts call down take energy(no duh) and how much, how long is the cool down.
    Yes but I didn’t have a watch to time it.
    2- the units you recieve: do they take up supply or are free of it? will they be perminent units or on a count down(like broodlings)
    they require food like everything else.
    3- how is the Thor built, through multi SCVs, or can 1 build it, how is it teched? will it be in the build menu?
    One little SCV builds the whole thing in the grass just like a building. It has a huge tech tree expense I don’t remember all the buildings but they are numerous. Its in the menu the same as a building.
    4- how does the banshes cloak work.
    HuH?
    5- anything on the medic? Yeah they are hot and the combo of mass marines with medics still is unbeatable.
    6- how fast does the viking go from ground to air and vice versa, and is it defenceless during conversion?
    It take a second or so and it will take hits during conversion but can't fire back. So watch out.

7. Tym29

Tym29 New Member

The crappy old science vessel got a face lift to the radar Dish with much higher functionallity not too bad

8. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I´d like to hear some intresting unit stats. The Siege Tanks are buffed up it seems. what are their damage/hp/armor?

9. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

the nomad is the new sv and the predator is a protector/assault ship

10. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

The new science vessle is the Nomad, not the radar dish. It can repair air units as well.

11. WonderBoy

WonderBoy New Member

I think for the Drop Down ability there should be something you have to build like the same way you need a nuclear silo for nukes, that way it takes up population before you use it, just like a nuke did in SC1

12. ivi

ivi New Member

Siege tanks do 100 damage or so, I believe? That's all I know, but they are definitely buffed up.

13. BoydofZINJ

BoydofZINJ New Member

In the original game and in BW it was 100 energy for a nuke out of 200 (without upgrade) and 250 with upgrades?

I would imagine the call down is exactly the same or a bit more... maybe 150. As for cool down? no idea. Do you need marines in a queue or somewhere to call them down? no idea. Can you lose the ghost as its calling down marines - before the mariens show up? prolly.

14. DontHate

DontHate New Member

erm siege tanks do 30 and 70 both explo.

btw, nukes dont cost energy. i think that's the question. also they cost 200 200.

oh, nvm. i thought u were talking about bw. if it's sc2 then i'm not sure. damn... 100 sure is a hell of a lot. i guess the siege tanks price got moved up as well.

15. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    yep, 200/125 is what i have heard.

16. DontHate

DontHate New Member

whoa.. that's sick and twisted... siege tanks used to be so good becuase they were effective and really cheap.

17. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    yeah, they are more like really big cannons now :)
    I myself really like every aspect of the new Siege Tank.
    The size, 6 treads and the "X" form is all looking great.

18. Wlck742

Wlck742 New Member

In your head
    There's always the fact that siege tanks are stronger now. The X form's not bad, but it's not great either.

19. coreyb

coreyb Guest

6- very fast it take's like not even 2 second's and it probebly will take damage during the conversion because I think it should take damage during the conversion but let's say it is not only 2 second's till it's converted so it probebly won't take a whole lot from the opponent(s).

20. univ2045

univ2045 New Member

calling nuke didn't take energy in sc1, why should drop pod take energy? it's not as powerful as nuke and you have to build the pods, it's not free.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.