1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ranking System

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by superamazing, Apr 30, 2010.

Ranking System

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by superamazing, Apr 30, 2010.

1. superamazing

superamazing New Member

New England/Texas
    ok, background info
    I played SC1 for about 6 months and never really got into it. I got into the SC2 beta about 2 weeks ago and i have roughly 100 games, 50-50 between 1v1 and 2v2. I'm not a particularly good player, I'm ranked top ten in bronze for 1v1. The thing is, I'm ranked low in platinum for 2v2 and im winning more than half my games...it's not like my teammate is carrying the game either, it just doesn't seem harder the 1v1...
    So, is there something wrong with the ranking/matchmaking system? what should i do about this?

2. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Well i've found in gold 1v1 i'm quite often put up against silver players (or so they say) and it says they are slightly favoured ?....at least i get a ton of points from them

3. Glaurung

Glaurung New Member

Your base.
    The whole SC2 system is still in Beta so maybe just give it time.

4. Prodigal

Prodigal New Member

It's screwy if you ask me! During ladder resets, I've placed in Platinum, Gold, Silver and Copper. I fight opponents from random rankings. I have no idea what the "metal" league even signifies other than another kind of separate division.

5. Galaxy.ein

Galaxy.ein New Member

I play platinum 1v1 and 2v2 and I'll face some gold opponents at first but mostly platinum after that. It seems right for me, in my limited experiences.

6. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    How far is, say, copper from what you get in practice matches? Just so I have a vague idea what to expect when I go out in the open. I've played I think 4 practice matches and only one needed some more attention.