1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay Issue

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by Darktemplar_L, Jan 10, 2011.

Replay Issue

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by Darktemplar_L, Jan 10, 2011.

1. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Hi guys, been a long time since I last posted. So I have an issue when I try to view a replay of a game I played on Battle.net. It was a map called Desert Strike Night 2.06 and I saved the replay because I went afk for the last 10 minutes of the map. I just wanted to know how we won since I had left and it left our team at a disadvantage in the specials.

I go on Battle.net and create the replay and I start it. I don't want to sit through all 40 minutes of it so I fast fowarded it to maximum speed. About 10 minutes into the replay (that's the game time, not how long I watched the replay) I notice that things aren't how they happened in the game. It showed that me and a couple other people just sat there doing nothing. At the end of the game, it even showed an entirely different game result. It actually showed us about to lose as the replay ended, when we actually won.

My SC version is the same. In fact, it was just today that I played and saved the replay. Anyone know what the issue is? It's sorta killing me that my team won without me....

2. Makki

Makki Member

Denmark
    oh darn thats pretty weird.... i have no idea what that could be ._.

3. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    For SC and SC:BW replays tend to not work when it was a custom game that involved more players than the number viewing the replay.

4. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Ugh well that sucks. Would it work if i just got random people to join to fill it, start the replay, and then they leave?

5. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    In my experience, replays almost never work on SC and SC:BW anymore. This is depressing because i have over 250 games of Diplomacy Gold 7.7 Official experience that I have observed, gathered, and played in during the years I spent in Clan Soviet. They contain veterans from probably when the clan was established and are essentially all useless unless I can get it to work somehow. I also have a large repository of risk (almost exclusively Risk II) replays.

6. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Ah damn... Just curious though, would a skilled programmer be able to fix this somehow?

7. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I am certain that Blizzard would fix it if it really was an issue. I would suggest taking a look in to it, because I'm still not entirely sure what works and what doesn't.

8. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    Argh Blizzard... such terrible neglect.

9. tom5nuge

tom5nuge New Member

vietnam
    Great Post

great post. I like it

10. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    You created an account just to say this was a great post? Charming... But do you know how to fix the problem?

11. EatMeReturns

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    DtL did you ever try playing the replay online? Maybe with a group of people?

12. Darktemplar_L

Darktemplar_L New Member

Bay Area
    No, but I ended up playing it without changing the speeds, and it's worked so far. So I guess I have to sit through it all until I get to see the end.

Edit: Nope, the replay ended up showing us winning 20 minutes before the actual end.... so. I'll try with the group of people next, though I can't find people to join.

Last edited: Jan 16, 2011