1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Replay TvZ : HELP!

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by cosmonaut, Feb 24, 2011.

Replay TvZ : HELP!

1. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

http://www.sc2replayed.com/replays/143907-2v2-terran-zerg-shakuras-plateau

Hello all, this is cosmonaut. I am a North American Terran player looking to receive some feed back on this TvZ replay in order to better my play. I think that i needed a different unit composition and was too aggressive with small amounts of infantry. I would appreciate all feedback and i LOVE feed back that is very specific,

ie. "At 3:30 you are supply blocked"
    "At 6:45 seconds, split your marines!"
    etc.

Although, all feedback is appreciated, even something along the lines of,

"Watched the whole replay, just keep making stuff and go kill him"

Thanks! My opponent was very good and polite I played a series of games with him.

-C

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    I think the biggest factor in your defeat was saturation. You need a lot more SCVs and a lot more production buildings. Don't miss your mules either.

I liked that you left the marauders in front to soak up banelings, but these small attacks don't achieve anything noteworthy. MM becomes exponentially better the bigger ball you have, so it's worth waiting for a big army. And if you must move out in small groups for whatever reason, it's wise not to run into the mineral line because you will be outnumbered more easily. Snipe the queen first and then move next to the mineral line, but not into it.

3. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

So saturation? How big of an army should i be moving out with? I was sort of paranoid that he was droning his face off(I had lost the last game because he did a double expand and just eco'd hard during a 2-3 minute window where i was macroing as well.)

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I watched the replay.

You could easily have won that game. You needed to build Thors instead of tanks. He wasn't building any Roaches or Hydras, so why were you building tanks?

Tanks suck against Zerglings. They're useful against Banelings but only just. You needed a better mix of Thor with Marine support, Medivacs, Vikings, and Hellions thrown in.

If you had had that unit composition you would have won easily. You lost way too many Marines to Banelings. At the 22:00 mark you walked right into a bunch of them without even firing. In that same attack right after you fended off the Mutalisk you had to know a major attack was incoming.

You should at LEAST have Sieged up those tanks and focus fired on the Banelings.

Also, stimpack without Medivacs is a no-no.

P.S. - You didn't wall off at a beginning. If he had 6 pooled you woulda been dead.

5. cosmonaut

cosmonaut New Member

I should have built thors i just hate them they're so pathetic in terms of mobility. I guess they are really really strong and I had the gas to support them. Thanks guys.

6. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You could have gone Hellions instead but those don't cost any gas...

Build the Thors, they absorb Baneling damage very well and deal with lings quite easily. And they're also useful against Mutas.

3 birds. One stone.