1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Silly NUkes

Discussion in 'Terran' started by beguiler, Aug 6, 2010.

Silly NUkes

Discussion in 'Terran' started by beguiler, Aug 6, 2010.

1. beguiler

beguiler Guest

Hey there all , a simple question i hope ,

I'm looking for the best units to seek out Ghosts before they get into your base ? LOL

:)

2. demohunto

demohunto New Member

Nevada
    turrets, cannons, spores lol

3. marinefreak

marinefreak New Member

Australia
    Observors overseers or ravens....or 1 missile turret, photon cannon or spore crawler...or a comsat scan...or ANOTHER NUKE!

4. az.

az. New Member

Is anyone else having instant paranoia of getting nuked when playing against Terrans?I mean i love ghosts,there by far my favorite unite..i just hate playing against them.

5. Caiaphas

Caiaphas New Member

New Jersey
    Nukes are so easy to find. First of all you get the loud message "Nuclear Launch Detected" and then you just find the red dot. Usually it's on your mineral line or all of your production buildings, just try and kill the ghost and you'll be good. And if you can't just move your SCVs, a single nuke won't kill many buildings.

6. az.

az. New Member

The proper way to use nukes is as a distraction not like you mentioned .When your mounting a full scale attack on the enemy base ,distract him with nukes that are targeting another area of his base and not the one your attacking .

Make him choose what to save.

7. Atomic

Atomic New Member

West Bend, WI
    I think just about any unit will be able to take a ghost out providing that they are not cloaked.

8. sc2 awsom

sc2 awsom New Member

i think nukes are easy cheese on expansion bases they wreak havoc except it is so hard to sneak nukes in main bases:)

9. sc2 awsom

sc2 awsom New Member

and usaully its not worth the 250 min and 200 gas

10. solar00

solar00 New Member

Nukes can come in handy If I was sleeping (forgot to make units for a minute) and my enemy has a larger army.
    Most of the time I'll be able to kill the massed troops somewhere on the middle of the map. The'll start looking for the red dot around their base but then it's too late for them.
    That's Bronze and Silver players, Diamond and Platinum players seem to have psychic abilities because they alway know exactly where the nuke will strke within a second and move their army away (in FFA matches)

11. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    Nukes are worthless, because anyone with half a brain will move all their important stuff when they see the call down alert.

You don't need to know where its going, just move all your crap..

12. Intrepid

Intrepid New Member

Australia
    SO true man, when you are the one who are nuking you feels good but when they are nuking your screwed. Aahahah!!!

13. JimReynolds

JimReynolds New Member

UK
    I rarely see nukes for their destructive qualities, instead I see them use a lot as distractions and as a way to force your enemy back or try to move the fight towards the place you want to fight in.

14. Siege Tank

Siege Tank New Member

When I play 4v4 games I usually mass ghosts with nukes. There's always some noob on the enemy team who wont move his army.

15. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    Ghosts are far more useful for scouting, EMP and sniper shots than calling nukes down.

At least in the higher leagues.

16. haydo

haydo New Member

I often don't bother with finding the ghost.....as soon as I hear "Nuclear Launch Detected", I hit space bar and find the red dot. Then move any units from the area. If they have targeted supply depots I will take out the ghost.

17. Stirlitz

Stirlitz Member

Greece
    That's exactly the reason nukes are not worthless. Forcing the enemy to move from a fortified position can lead to you taking advantage of his retreating forces. It's not good for the damage and you should never expect to get kills out of it(though any that may come should be welcome if you get lucky), but breaking entrenched positions, hell yeah, nukes rule at that.

Another technique that's also awsome in tvt is nuking in front of the enemy tanks, forcing them to unsiege and when they do move your army in while cancelling the nuke. TLO did that with great success before swiching to zerg.

Also when having like 3 mining bases and being unable to find the dot so you have to move all your army AND workers will do you both positioning damage(for the army since it'll force you to move) and economical damage since you'll pull workers off mining just for safety. Pulling workers off 2 bases for the time it takes the nuke to land(20 seconds) will do more economic damage than the nuke's cost(~350-550 minerals+~100 gas against 100m100g for the nuke).

It's not something to just cast everywhere and all the time, but it helps greatly on certain situations, especially when you are behind the enemy player.

Like TLO said: "I opted for nukes because I was ****ing desperate"

18. razorwolf

razorwolf New Member

Actually nuke are useful. They are one of my main weapons with terran. Sneak a ghost in early cloak and nuke wherever they key is to VERY quick as soon as the ghost is released from the nuke to move him to a corner of your opponents base they often don't build there and won't see you then decloak and recharge energy you should've built another nuke as soon as you launch the first one and started on your second silo allowing the 2nd nuke to be halfway done building when the first lands.

Another GREAT thing to use is comsat scan get your ghost to the edge of his base below a cliff. (like where you would reaper attack ) scan then nuke if you see his pylons or depots clustered together they become priority as they will get tko with 1 nuke...just a few things to try...

19. Ste

Ste New Member

Chicago
    Well at least the mods figured out that I was trolling. :p

20. Cake

Cake New Member

well.. Here's a nuke fr destructive END! :D

Don't pay attention to my suckie gameplay...(I know i'm bad) but I was testing terran and though I probarly got lucky with the placing of the nuke and timing ;. it's still nice and I think in this case even a game winner! :D

Oh and because the rest of the game is boring... you Should watch 22.40 (somewere there could be a minute difference )

Attached Files: