1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

So read this..

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by ImLikeYes, May 12, 2011.

So read this..

Discussion in 'Computers and Technology' started by ImLikeYes, May 12, 2011.

1. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    I was using stumble as I do when I get extremely bored the other night when I stumbled onto this site that made the install sheild pop up. As soon as I clicked no 50 more poped up and task manager was like oh no i'm out. So I proceeded to click no on everyone of them and I slipped up and hit yes on one.. My PC restarted and it couldn't boot also my startup repair was offline, go figure..

After all the I tried everything I know to make it boot, even used the disk to repair it, nothing.. Had to reinstall the OS which I didn't have a disk to anymore. Lol Used Ubuntu to burn my iso off my HD from a flashdrive.. >_> All while getting increasingly mad at all the stuff I have to reinstall now..

So I told you that to tell you this.. I will never use stumble again.. >_> Oh yeah, SC2 took like 5 minutes to install so I was happy. XD

2. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    This is why I don't use retarded apps like StumbleUpon.... /sigh

3. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    It was a fun little add-on until then.. >_>

4. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    How does this work exactly? Do people scam-like fraudulent links to troll others? When I was using it a couple of years ago it was a rather convenient add-on and I had no problem with it.

5. ImLikeYes

ImLikeYes New Member

Honolulu, HI
    I don't know exactly but since then I've found a few more sites that screwed up a virtual machine I created to recreate the issue to make sure thats what did it. Basically some idiot made some site to screw people over. :p