1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Spam me ideas for my wc3 map

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Supahboih, Feb 15, 2010.

Spam me ideas for my wc3 map

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by Supahboih, Feb 15, 2010.

1. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    I'm going to try and make Wc3 (RoC) maps again. I just want to add that I'm not really a "pro-mapper" but, as I said, I'll try ;)

The basic idea is RISK, but not the kind that exist now. This is going to be more like a mixture of the original board game and melee wc3.
    I was thinking that the players (six or seven, idk yet) starts out with one territory, and gets some units wich he can move around to conquer other territories with by moving the unit to a beacon or something.
    You can move as long as you want for about 30 seconds with these, and if you end up on the same territory as another player, you get to challange him in the "Fight Zone" outside the big map while the non-fighting players observe.
    Eighter I'm going to make the "conquer units" (the ones you spawn with) smaller, or let one represent three or four fighting units.

Now, any ideas/tips on how I can do this(and if it's even possible <.<)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  2. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England
    What about a having a turn based game?

1. Each player starts with maybe 12 units.

2. Turn 1 is Scouting. You can move your units around freely to neighbouring zones, and scout to see what your opponents are doing. Everything is invulnerable, so no attack is possible. Clock runs out after 30 seconds or so.

3. Turn 2 is Combat. Units left the same zone can now engage. You cannot move units out of a zone, nor attack across a boundary. You may have battles happening in more than one zone. Units are likely to be lost in combat.

At the end of the combat round, if the only units in a zone are your own, then you are considered to be in control of that zone, and you get one extra unit per zone.

If you are sharing the zone with another player, because combat was drawn, then it is disputed territory, and you get not bonus units for that zone.

As the scouting round comes around, all hurt units recover full health.

The winner is the player who eventually gains control of all zones.

3. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    I don't want a turn based game, since that would probably make people pretty bored and it'd take too long time to finish a game, so every player should be able to move units at the same time. (I dont know if that's what you meant tough :p)

But I love your 3rd point, that the fighting will go on within the zones, and leaving the zone your'e in is impossible, maybe even punished by the death of the units trying to leave.
    Wich brings up a question; Should you be able to move units from your other zones? Imo that idea has potential to be awesome.

You can spend the scout turn to move the units, and when it's over, the units get voulnerable, and the fighting starts. then, when the only units in a zone belongs to one specific player, he wins that zone, and it's "Peacetime" in that zone, and it's unreachable until all the other zones have Peacetime aswell.
    And a new Scoutturn starts.

4. jasmine

jasmine New Member

England
    That is what I mean. :)

What could be a problem is the scouts getting surrounded and prevented from moving, and then killed next round...

What about if your scouts are flying machines, that face no obstruction? Each player could have a couple.

Neighbouring regions could all be separated by pathing blockers, so no walking across boundaries is possible. In each zone, you could have circles on the ground corresponding to each neighbouring zone. You would move ground units onto that during the scouting round.

This allocates how many units are to be sent to war in that neighbouring zone. When the combat round begins, the units are then teleported from circles into the neighbouring zone and battles commence.

Also, separate all player starting regions by a neutral zone. If players starts directly adjacent to each other, then strategy encourages you to keep your forces in one place, lest you be attacked. The neutral zone encourages players to split their forces in the early game in order to claim that territory and get two bonus units instead of one. Neutral zones are good :)

Last edited: Feb 15, 2010
  5. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    Yeah, I was thinking of doing the zones as squares, and entrance is only possible trough the middle of every side, and I'm gonna put a neutral zone (big as, maybe 4 normal zones?)

But I don't think you'll need the scouting units, since you could move your entire army, and thus making it easier to decide just how many units to send into a treritory. (it also gives me a whole less triggers to make ;D)

As for the designing of the Fighting Zones, I have two ideas
    1. Divided into two parts,
    1. Defending side, with the advantage of height. (covers half of the zone)
    2. Attack-zone, low ground. (The other half of the zone)
    The first player who gets into a zone gets it, all other units are moved to the neutral zone.

2. Divided into three parts
    1. High ground (covers 1/3)
    2. Low ground (1/3)
    3. High ground (1/3)

But now as I think of it, neighter of them is going to work as there are four entrances...
    therefore, some zones are just two-way? how about that?

6. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I remember a long time ago, I was on the process of making a first person rail shooter map.

I called it Rail Snipers. It consisted of about 10 mini-games such as, defend the soldier.
    Basically in this mini-game, all players camera's were focused on a soldier while he ran through a forest. It was your team's job to make sure he did not die. You had to shoot barrels, incoming units, and such.

I even had mini-games where you were a sniper on a vehicle, and you rotated your camera left and right with your arrow keys.

I abandoned the map long ago, but if you feel like trying this out, go for it! Maybe add in team vs team gameplay, haha.

7. Supahboih

Supahboih New Member

Sweden
    Yeah, maybe like the 12 kingdoms map, where you say "ally red" and such to add teamplay. :p

New idea: Mercenaries and heroes.
    You get one hero wich you can use to buy items and mercenaries in some zones if you have control over the zone.
    One zone (or all in the corners) are overpowered, wich means that it has the advantages of the following:
    Fountain of mana/health,
    two itemshops
    two levels of high ground
    only one entrance. (wich is also pretty easily defended)
    maybe even a little peasant who can build towers...
    But, it removes all the alliances you've made with the other players, so controlling this means that your'e alone.

how does that sound?

Last edited: Feb 16, 2010
  8. the8thark

the8thark New Member

I have a rather crazy idea at a game. Can have as many players as you want but really needs to be multiplayer. Computer Ai does not work too well.

Just picka unit from a particular race. One you all agree on. And you play as many games as there are people. So 3 people = 3 games. And for each game 2 of the 3 people (if there is 3 people) are allies and build a massive force. And the 3rd person only has one unit (not a building unit). But this one unit has it's damage and HP increased a lot. Basically to make a really uber tank.

And the whole objective is how long can the tank unit last till it's killed by the other players forces. Once it's dead you start again but with player 2 as the uber tank. And etc. And once you've had 3 games and all 3 people have had a chance to be the uber tank. The player with the longest uber tank survival time is the winner.