1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Special Colors On Units

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by -Behemoth, Sep 24, 2007.

Special Colors On Units

Discussion in 'Maps and Replays' started by -Behemoth, Sep 24, 2007.

1. -Behemoth

-Behemoth New Member

Ok I'm sure this is somewhere else in here, but I really don't want to look. You know the psycodellic colors that some maps have like a mix between black and green and blue, or some pulsating teal thing. I've asked several map makers playing the game, but none of them seem to be able to give me a "decodable" answer. (I have no idea what they are talking about) So I just wanted to ask if anyone could give me an answer that doesn't involve some oblique map maker that no one has ever heard or of some code that you have to type in.
    -Thanks

2. Moogle

Moogle New Member

Australia
    Ok starters your topic starts out sounding like you want text colours. Then your asking about unit colors later on. Also need be less hostile towards us map makers, that can make us not want to help you at all and vague.

Programs that allow you to do what you asked, Guedit, Scm Draft or Star Forge can change unit colors..

Need to be more clear when asking for help... As well since the update colors seem to be whacked.

3. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

4. -Behemoth

-Behemoth New Member

Ok what I really meant was colors that are specifically on a units body, i.e. White player, Yellow player, Green, etc. And also I really don't understand how I was being hostile. What I basically said is that I am way out of their league, but I am sorry if I offended you in any way.

5. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    You can change unit colors simply by associating them with a player. That's in the original editor.

If you use Star Forge or another editor, it will allow you to use colors like Black, Tan, etc....

And what Moogle meant by being hostile was your use of negative wording toward map makers in general:

Your post has an extremely negative connotation when you read it from the perspective of a map maker. That's not how you ask for assistance. You ask in the manner that is appropriate, as someone who knows less than who you're asking, not as a superior being.

Take notice that in spite of this, they answered your question.

6. -Behemoth

-Behemoth New Member

Ok the Glowing Wire frames turorial is exactly what I was talking about as far as I can tell. Just one more question; Is there any way to control the colors you may end up with, or is it all based on the tile-set. That is to say if I wanted two completely different disorted colors but they weren't on the same tile-set, could I pull that off?
    - - - -
    I see what you mean, but I didn't mean it to be taken into that context and again, I am sorry if I offended anyone.

As for the Black/Tan colors I was talking about the colors that you see on games like Nightmare RPG w/ the zerg hidden unit.

Merged posts. Please read the forum rules and do not double post.

7. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    Yeah. I understood after your second post. You meant the glowing effects. I thought you were asking a more basic question :p (the changey color black).

Also, Colossus, please condense your posts. Double posting(two posts in a row) is not permitted.

8. MarineCorp

MarineCorp New Member

England, United Kingdom
    I might fly kick Colossus like that sig from one of the members...

I think the Special colors are cool, i don't see anything wrong with them

9. Imagine.

Imagine. New Member

Some color results will vary based on tile-set and you cannot really control what colors you'll get. The colors also change with each and every unit.

10. Elisa

Elisa Guest

Starcraft II Units skins ( Mod )

Hi everyone !
    I dont know if this fits in here but i have a request or question.
    Im sure that most of you have already played Starcraft II.
    I completed the campain mode and i must say im very pleased with the ending ^_^.
    Now to what i was about to ask or beg for, since im not good in using the editor or do any Mod´s to the game myself ( i tryd to use the editor and got stuck at the point where you can show a Unit :D ).
    I would love to get some sort of skin for my own terran Marine Units look ( like the Generals Camoflauge Marine suit ) or ( to make them look like Raynor´s Marine Suit ) I know thats basically skinning but i cant do it nether know where to start.

So if someone could explain to me how to do that or give me a small mod i would be thankfull ^^

Thanks in advance
    Elisa