1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

starcraft 2, multiplayer should be scrapped

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by bonesbrigade, Jun 4, 2010.

starcraft 2, multiplayer should be scrapped

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by bonesbrigade, Jun 4, 2010.

1. bonesbrigade

bonesbrigade Guest

I've played this beta for around a month now and im just dissapointed not just in the unbalanced races but the fact that the patches aren't really fixing the problems. Overall starcraft 2 just has many stupid annoying strats that don't inspire skill like the first starcraft. I believe that the game has to many problems, that they really need to redo the whole multiplayer section of the game. It's not fun, just depressing of a game.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Sounds like the constant defeats took away the magic of the game. Watching Youtube commentaries of high level plays seems to completely go against everything you're saying.

Try to improve your actions per minute and learn some build orders, then give multiplayer another shot.

edit: on second read... 1:0 wp

Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  3. Gforce

Gforce New Member

go whine somewhere else, where people might care, because we wont here.

4. Amduscias

Amduscias New Member

Cologne, Germany
    i like people who are signing in to a forum just to make one whine-thread....i really like them - for breakfast!!!

5. the8thark

the8thark New Member

If this was not the forst post of a person I would be inclined to think he has made a good point. But as a first post it seems you are just a

[​IMG]

6. bonesbrigade

bonesbrigade Guest

I lose and win at the game i was 1st in gold league and worked to first of platinum. I'm fine when it comes to losing becuase i usually learn from it, but when half the games inlvovle, zergling rush, cannon rush, or marny other strats that need not be mentioned, so far playing the game theres just near as much variety in strat, pretty much theres a narrow path to be follow to play an honest game. Of course i dont have the answers to the problems to the bad multiplayer of this game. I just think they need to rethink there multiplayer, a big way to help could be to add more buildings, troops, and tech tree order because the game needs a big overall.

7. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    How to defend against a zergling rush: wall off your ramp, scout out the opponent. If zerglings are approaching, send a few workers to your choke to defend with your initial units.

How to defend against a cannon rush: wall off your ramp, scout your opponent, pay attention to see if a probe is approaching your base, and attack it with a worker. If the probe places a pylon in your base, pull 2-3 more workers off your mineral line, and micro them to try and corner and destroy the probe. Ignore the pylon, it has too much HP but is useless if you can take out the probe. Make sure your ramp is walled off with buildings and units so no more probes can come in, and once your ramp is secure you can rally more units to destroy the probe, any cannons it warps in, and the pylon.

8. bonesbrigade

bonesbrigade Guest

I know how to stop them and like you explain its the same thing to stopp mutiple rushes, problem is it get repetitive and to common to do the same boring method, thats why they need redo the multiplayer.

9. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    No, that's why you need to keep playing and get into better leagues, where those rushes don't happen all the time.

No amount of tweaking Blizzard can do will fix the fact that lower level players love to do cheesy strategies. Just need to accept it and try to move to higher leagues to avoid them.

10. Korith

Korith New Member

Hemet, Californira
    LiquidTLO is the King of cheese and he isn't low level.

11. asdf

asdf New Member

i wouldn't call it cheese. he's creative, but his strategies actually aren't too risky. just unusual.

now WhiteRa, there's a high-level cheeser. cannon rushed Idra in the HDH finals.

12. Korith

Korith New Member

Hemet, Californira
    Last edited: Jun 4, 2010
  13. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    Ok my point was, lower level players use those strategies a lot more often, because they are scared of losing to players that would otherwise be better than them at playing the REAL game.

14. Korith

Korith New Member

Hemet, Californira
    Ohhhhh Okay. I wasn't trying to flame you or anything, so don't take it that way. :D

15. AcE_01

AcE_01 Active Member

Australia
    I got cannon rushed before, outside my base. I build up a good defence myself and then i teched up to void rays. And then i pwned his ***!!!! HA! Then i told him off for being a cheese artist (which wasnt nice of me) but that should teach him lulz.

16. CyberPitz

CyberPitz New Member

haahahaha. Best logic ever. "Cheese exists, SCRAP THE GAME!"

Where did this troll crawl out of?

17. Gforce

Gforce New Member

probably from /b/ or some one who was dropped on their head as a child.

18. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    Yeah that's pretty much the standard response to any cheese rush: turtle and tech to air.

In a random 2v2 game, my opponents did an 8 pool + gateway proxy rush on my ally, which was successful and they completely cleaned him out and he left. Meanwhile, I had walled off my ramp, with SCVs nearby to repair the wall, and teched straight to double starport banshees. By the time two banshees got to the enemy bases, they still had almost nothing to defend against it, because they were so far behind on tech from the early rushes.

With more banshees and vikings rallied to the zerg base, and with banshee cloak researched, I completely ruined his economy, taking out almost all his drones, his lair, his spire, and his hatchery expo, before the protoss player finally got enough stalkers to fend me off. In the meantime, I had been spending my thousands of excess minerals on tons of marines and hellions, and moved out with a huge ground army and finished off both of them.

Obviously they weren't very good to lose to quick air like that, but it just goes to show that the tech advantage you get over rushers can sometimes be enough to prevail in a 2v1!

Last edited: Jun 5, 2010
  19. bonesbrigade

bonesbrigade Guest

That being said about moving up in divison and there not being as much as that cheap crap is a lie. the fact is when you move up in divison there is no real change besides, the people in higher divison typicaly do it more becuase thats how they got there.And for the people that read this, do these cheap strats and think your pro becuase of it is disgusting and the game itself needs alot to work, mainly more untis and abilities to encourage strat and creativity in unit combos instead of massing voidrays which are overpowered.

20. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I got cannon rushed and was trapped inside my base. I play Zerg, so he couldn't reach my buildings b/c of creep.
    So what did I do? The idiot wasted all his money on cannons, so I just nydus wormed his probes with Speedlings and built in his base -_-

And I admit, I hate fighting people who turtle up and mass voidrays, but a early muta harass should suffice.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2010