1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 17 (version 0.20.0.16036)

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by BloodHawk, Jul 13, 2010.

StarCraft II Beta - Patch 17 (version 0.20.0.16036)

Discussion in 'StarCraft II Beta' started by BloodHawk, Jul 13, 2010.

1. BloodHawk

BloodHawk Member

CT, USA
    [​IMG]

The first major patch since the return of beta, this week's patch has actually reverted quite a few of the past nerfs enacted in the last few months. Among the most devastating of the changes is the further reduction of the Barracks build time as well as the decreased build time of the Reaper. That combination will likely mean even more trouble for Protoss players in the early game as the Reaper standard rush has become more and more potent.

The Zealot build time reduction should help the Protoss against early Zergling rushes, but not much against the Terran buff. Let's go test it!

StarCraft II Beta – Patch 17 (version 0.20.0.16036)

Many of the following bug fixes were intended for internal testing only, and are now being reverted.

• 250mm Strike Cannons can no longer deal damage to hidden targets.
    • Barracks build time decreased from 65 to 60 seconds.
    • Bunker build time decreased from 40 to 30 seconds.
    • Canceling morphing Banelings now returns 75% of the cost like other morphing Zerg units.
    • Hellion range reverted from 6 to 5.
    • Reaper build time decreased from 45 to 40 seconds.
    • Zealot build time decreased from 38 to 33 seconds.
    Source: Battle.net

Last edited by a moderator: Jul 13, 2010
  2. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    Were going to see a lot more bunker pushes...

3. Kaaraa

Kaaraa Space Junkie

United States
    I'm just glad they didn't do anything to my darling Infestors. Infested Marines have been a pretty big part of my games lately.

4. asdf

asdf New Member

wow reaper rushing is back! reaper-bunkers too!

5. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

what's the definition of hidden targets here? cloaked or with cover?

6. sniper64

sniper64 New Member

Upper Michigan, US
    I believe the thors did splash damage. When they used the ability, any cloaked units around it would take damage as well.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Hmm, I can't start it. It keeps asking me to create a new char over and over. :/

8. asdf

asdf New Member

i thought the 250mm cannons were single-target only.

9. Mimir

Mimir Guest

What a joke, they just reset everything we play tested back in patch 15 and there's been no improvements since the beta went down. All it's been is cater to the terran. I mean really, do you guys not see a month of play testing gone to waste all cause acti-blizz wants to cater to the popular races and leave terran op for their expansion?

Not only that, the average PC game is $50, this pos shouldn't be worth even that never mind $60. Personally I'm quite happy I got into the beta for $5 cause for now i have no plans of full purchase and gamestop can shove my copy for all I care.

10. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I see the waste. They definitely reverted as my article says. Blizzard has turned the game over to their launch team, meaning there won't be any real balancing for the foreseeable future. They're just going to streamline the game for launch and cause as little ruckus as possible from now on.

But being an idiot and claiming a game that's been anticipated for 10 years isn't worth the money (when every person viewing this site thinks it is) is just trolling.

At least it's not the 15th release of the same game on the same engine in the last 5 years *cough* Call of Duty *cough*

We'll be glad you're not on Battle.net in a month, I suppose.

11. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Jon X just remember there probably will be a day zero patch you will have to download before you can play SC2 online. And there could be some balance changes. But my best guess is it'll be there for things that absolutely need to be done at the last minute. I can't see anything too major happening to the game between now and release date.

But Blizz is always free to make balance changes in game patches. The only catch is now is they will probably have to do a ptr for the multiplayer (be it open or closed as in private pr public test realm) for any changes they want to do there.

12. Archangelclk

Archangelclk New Member

I think this game is worth the money and I dont see how thee patch makes the whole game unworthy to be purchased. However some may be fine with a cracked vers without bnet gameplay which is understandable.

I think terran is too overpowered, however maybe im just racist.

13. PANDA

PANDA New Member

I'm guessing this game will be worth it to most (most!) of the people who buy this game, because let's face it---those of us who really care whether a Barracks build time is 65 or 60 number in the very, very few. To the overwhelming majority of people, this will be a spectacular game that won't disappoint.

That being said.... what's with this bouncing back?? I do appreciate the decreased build times for Terran, but this patch seems to say that there's no other balancing issues for other races.

I'll be trying out this newer, faster reaper build for sure :)