1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Challenges of Starcraft

Discussion in 'General StarCraft 2 Discussion' started by waflz, Jul 13, 2014.

The Challenges of Starcraft

Discussion in 'General StarCraft 2 Discussion' started by waflz, Jul 13, 2014.

1. waflz

waflz Member

http://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/comments/2ahmzj/the_challenges_of_starcraft/

Article on Reddit worth a read :D!

So the first day I saw SC1 was when I was pretty young, I looked at it as a masterpiece of challenges. I was super excited to pick my race. I told myself "Ill look at every race and pick" Started with protoss, quickly passed over the noble space aliens onto zerg. I loved zerg, I practically picked it before going onto the meching terran.

I started some of my first games and played my heart out. I got pretty good with the swarm. I was excited and waiting for SC2 for many years.

I finally seen the spoiler for sc2 i dont know how many years later. I watched banelings rolling over the ground into terran units. I watched colossus poor over the cliffs shooting its epic laser beam at zerglings swarming below. I was super excited.

I started playing with the attitude " I want to win, I want to be one of the best" To no ones surprise I quickly lost many games verse my ladder opponents. I didn't give up, i kept going, I pushed more and more.

I soon started realizing that I wasnt winning my games at all, I swapped a few races to see if I felt the style of another race better. I ended up playing the humans, the terran. Watching Polt, watching Bomber with the tri medivac harass. Watching there hands flow across the keyboard like a professional piano player. I thought about my piano skills, my blues. I thought to myself "I can do that"

I started playing Terran, I quickly realized that I had to be very careful with my squishy high dps units. I would look back at my base quickly to check my building placement only to realize banelings have connected with my bio.

I was playing comfortable game against my protoss opponent only to realize that 10 stalkers are in the back of my base... somehow... they got there and now im losing.

Why am I losing... what am I doing wrong... I thought to myself.

I pushed on, I started picking up builds and strategy , I started watching the amazing casters Rotti, Day9, Nathanias, Bitters and more! I was intrigued , I was taken in with the hype.

This isn't League of Legends.. heck this isn't even Dota .... This is fucking Starcraft!

My current rank is gold, and I am not happy, I will keep pushing, I will keep playing. The reason why is because it is challenging, because it is hard, because it is strategy, because I am a starcraft player!

So I ask you, Why do you play starcraft!?

I love the ESL , I love Team liquid, I love the casters, but most of all... I love the thrill that is Starcraft.

Much love!

A starcraft player.

crunchyg likes this.
  2. waflz

waflz Member

Bumpz

3. waflz

waflz Member

4. crunchyg

crunchyg Administrator

Thanks for sharing. I've been traveling and am just starting to catch up on the posts :)

5. waflz

waflz Member

Appreciate it :D!