1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

[Tutorial] Using Terran Reapers

Discussion in 'General StarCraft 2 Discussion' started by MeisterX, Oct 5, 2010.

[Tutorial] Using Terran Reapers

Discussion in 'General StarCraft 2 Discussion' started by MeisterX, Oct 5, 2010.

1. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    How to use Reapers Effectively

[​IMG]

As I’ve shown in a number of builds (and consistently in my own play), Reapers are the premiere Terran starting strategy. Since you’re going to build a Barracks with a tech lab at some point in the game anyway, why not skip the relatively weak Marine early in the game and go for a gas-intensive early-game rush? In no way does an effective Reaper build affect your economy. This is not an all-in rush. There are two parts to the Reaper build, the build order, and the micro.

[​IMG]

Read the full article!

Last edited: Oct 5, 2010
  2. Rave

Rave New Member

Bahamas
    How do you feel about the reaper upgrade nerf? I main toss but I don't even see terrans getting the upgrade much, and if Blizz thinks that having the upgrade require a factory will transition reapers into mid or late game, then they are sadly mistaken imo.

3. Scvrush-

Scvrush- New Member

http://www.theuen.com
    Reapers will further nerfed in patch 1.2. what do you think? now barracks requires a supply depot and reapers requires 40 seconds to build! what!?

4. MeisterX

MeisterX Hyperion

New Port Richey, FL
    I think they've basically killed the Reaper as a viable early-game strategy in StarCraft 2. You will get demolished if you attempt this stuff now.

I'll be re-analyzing Reapers in the coming months and seeing if a use can be adapted to perhaps supplement a Marauder/Marine push. I'll get back to you guys with an updated guide.

5. Yoyoma

Yoyoma New Member

That sucks. I was actually starting to like them more now :(

6. Raynor

Raynor New Member

I never go for reaper rushing now. They take too long. I only use them to scout protoss or even terran.

I should try it again though. I think they can do well against protoss because every time i face protoss they always have their units on the ramp to prevent any early harassment by marauders and marines.