1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Tychus (Only for those who finished the campaign)

Discussion in 'Wings of Liberty Campaign Discussion' started by MyWifeforauir, Aug 7, 2010.

Tychus (Only for those who finished the campaign)

1. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Now we all know at the end of the campaign Tychus betrays Raynor, which was quite predictable. However I think we're missing something here, just believing Tychus was killed because he was selfish. Tychus who followed Raynor for most of the missions, many which was quite damn dangerous started to get cold feet at the mission Maw of the Void (the final artifact mission) and starts trying to dissuade Raynor from his goal to save Kerrigan. We could say, its just his greed kicking in yet why now?

My view on this is that Tychus knew what he had to do if Raynor went to Char and tried his best to prevent himself from doing the contingency plan which Mengsk planted in him, wanted to still be close to Raynor as a friend or something close. How this is supported? Tychus takes an extraordinary amount of time to take a shot despite the fact he has a clear shot and speaks loudly and clear as if its to make Raynor hear. We also see that as soon as Mengsk states his order the screen (on Tychus) starts flashing red, meaning he will die if he doesn't follow orders. Also he only fires ONE shot from an assault rifle on Kerrigan who may or not be fully humanized and thus may take more than one shot to the head to die.

I'm hoping Tychus shot in the head survives but is in a coma, and Mengsk will forget about him. So then the armor can be removed without any problems. Probably not but its a shame for Tychus, who was just introduced so briefly in the starcraft universe to be cut so short in a quite pathetic fashion as he was much potential to grow.

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Karaas wins with his debut though.

Frankly, I began to dislike Tychus from early mid-game on. Such childish and selfish character doesn't belong on the warbattlefield as it not only jeopardises himself but also the mission and everyone else (take the Odin mission... what an arse). Also, I do think that the one shot we heard was fired by Raynor since we can see him unholstering his handgun. Also, Kerrigan is well alive as he's carrying her out, so I don't know why you mentioned whether one shot would be enough to kill her.

Last edited: Aug 7, 2010
  3. Alukard

Alukard New Member

It seems that he was hesitating, in the final moments. He didnt shoot right away because he was torn between Raynor and Mengsk. He wanted to stay with Raynor, but he then would die. So it seems he gave Raynor a chance of saving her because he fired one shot. At that point he chose to die from Raynor hands then from having his organs shut down.
    He was a good character, i hope we will see more of him in one way or another. Maybe Raynor shot the transmitter instead of the head.

4. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Yeah I enjoyed Tychus being around. He may be rude arehole, but that was his character. He had the most personality out of all the characters in the game. I sure hope he isn't dead :(

Who knows, maybe those Mobius boys save him.

5. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Raynor blocks one shot aimed for Kerrigan with his armor which was the one shot I was talking about. I just found it strange that a person tasked with killing queen of blades humanized or not (i mean the hair didn't change completely right?) would only shoot once from a frikken assualt rifle. I just found that strange, for a normal marine would just let it rip.

6. Matholla

Matholla Guest

Tychus role, Kerrigan faith, HoS prelude.

Well, first, sorry for my 'not so good' English.
    But i got a theory about Tychus and Kerrigan.

In the midle of history, i´ve forgot wich mission, Matt says that Tychus have been scanned and they found an implant on him.
    Jym say its okay. :eek:

Well, i think, Jym faced Tychus about that implant, but he did that hidden from cameras, and not like they bar fight, and they workedout a plann in the backstages. :D

So, my point is, Jym knew about Tychus conditions and what he has to do when time comes.
    So, at the end, Jym didnt shoot him at the head, he shooted him at some critical video/radio device on Tychus armor, cos Tychus says: "are you receiveng this?", and Valerian answer "do your job' or something like that. :rolleyes:

Tychus shoot only ONCE (very weird as some1 said), Jym blocks. All planned.
    1 shoot, Kerrigan supossed dead, Jym fights back, 1 shoot, Tychus dead, all that Valerian wanted, he couldnt asked for more.:daydreaming:

In the end, Jym, Tychus and Kerrigan, all alive, Terran´s DreamTeam is up, or it would be Zerg´s DreamTeam? :D
    I dont hink Blizz would give a short live to a character like Tychus.
    And the battle is not against each race, its against the Xel'Naga, or perhaps the Protoss´s major faction got corrupted or controlled by Xel´Naga? :wacko:
    So the Heart of the Swarm could use this trio, starring Kerrigan and Jym and Tychus as co-stars. Would be awesome.

Last edited by a moderator: Aug 8, 2010
  7. Arterial

Arterial New Member

I sure hope Tychus wasnt really killed, he was a funny character. He was rough around the edges, but hey, someone in every game has to be.

8. Mattata

Mattata New Member

I enjoyed Tychus in the game because he had alot of personality, but its tough to say whether he got killed off or not. On one hand he basically came in early on the campaign, and likely died at the end so he is just a part of the Terran campaign, unless Raynor broke the suit he is likely to be dead, since not only did he get shot but Mengsk can kill him at any time. Too dangerous to have around.

9. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Well b.net says Tychus is dead, though it could be one of Blizzard's tricks on us. I'm referring to the summary you get when entering after having beaten the campaign. As tricky as Blizzardis, usually they don't lie but play with words. Maybe they're going to change that in HotS to "Tychus is dead as far as Mengsk knows".

10. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

Hmm interesting, plausible that might be changed like that. Could be like Blizz to mess around with us, laughing at our theories. I just find it highly unlikely that a figurehead of WOL (i mean he was in the opening cinematic and was advertised like crazy) would be killed so quickly. Or it could be that the person formerly known as Tychus is dead and he will go by another alias.

11. Arterial

Arterial New Member

thats a good point WifeAiur. He's even on the Multiplayer Terran race selection screen so...sure he cant be gone from our hearts..

12. thevietblade

thevietblade Guest

yeah tychus is my fav character .he may be rude and a mean drunk but . he is like a main character and has this thing about him that you have to like about maybe its that suit of armour you just wait the whole game just hoping to see him get that suit off maybe he will come back in starcraft 3 if they make one hope so starcraft is the best game
    like if heput his visor down at the last second and played dead heh that would be cool unless they buried him
    you know what would be a great intro for 3 they revive tychus bring the same from 2 and him saying hell its about time then kills the guy who made the deal so they cant put the suit back on and steal a ship and meet raynor and be cool about it and just forgive him and sitback for the battle ahead

13. Siege Tank

Siege Tank New Member

I'm pretty sure he is dead. Do do otherwise would cheapen his story.

This isn't a kid's story. People die. Tychus let Jim kill him so that he wouldn't have to betray him, a good end for a good character.

14. Galgus

Galgus New Member

It only cheapens the story if there isn't some logical reason revealed that he would still be alive: but I can't think of how that would happen.

15. cybykillers

cybykillers New Member

i didnt know that Mengsk could have shut down his organs from the suit. where did you guys find that information from? can you send me a link or something?

16. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    If you talk to Horner after you beat Engine of Destruction (I think?) then he tells you about it.

17. I think that tychus was unwilling to betray raynor because of his misgivings about attacking char. When he said "some people don't deserve a second chance," I think he was trying to get Raynor to reconsider, so that Raynor would kill kerrigan so he wouldn't have to betray Raynor. He's in a lose-lose situation though because even if his bullet hits kerrigan, raynor is still going to kill him.

Didn't we all think kerrigan was dead after the zerg took her after the original starcraft? i think that blizzard could be doing the same thing here

18. RushSecond

RushSecond New Member

San Diego
    ^ Kerrigan never died though, Raynor lost contact with her on Tarsonis and assumed she died, when actually she was captured and infested.

Whereas Tychus is dead, Raynor shot him in the head and he fell down, and as far as I know, the zerg can't infest corpses to bring them back to life.

19. toni

toni New Member

Its actually mengsk the one that orders tychus to kill kerrigan, not valerian.

also, i think that tychus only fired one shot to keep the cinematic as dramatic as possible, firring 20 times wouldnt be the same as firing one cold shot, and no one can survived a well aimed bullet in the eye.

20. Takaim

Takaim Member

Tychus might have just fired a burst. But Tychus fires a shot off, after telling Jimmy to move out of the way. One shot to the head to a screwed up Keri would prolly be enough to kill her. I mean in game units take 20 shots to die, but in the cinematics they don't so one shot would be enough if it blew her brains out.

Tychus was greedy, but he wanted to live by Raynors side because they were good friends in the past and he found Raynor to be a strong person and a good leader and simply wanted to walk by his side. But on the other hand he liked his life. At the end he didn't want to be the one taking Jimmie's life, so he told him to move.

How epic would it be if they infested Tychus, brought him back and him and Jimmy team back up then BOOM! Tychus explodes all over Jimmy and he dies. :D That'd be sick!