1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

unit / building stats / costs

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by Horse, Jun 29, 2011.

unit / building stats / costs

1. Horse

Horse New Member

Hi all

Is there any way to extract the data for all units / buildings / upgrades from the games files somehow? I am totally new on the modding stuff and basically needed an easy ish way to get stats on the game without having to do it all manually.

Any ideas? Its for a site I have built

2. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
  3. Horse

Horse New Member

cool, is this kept fairly up to date when there are patches etc? nice one!

writing something to parse the XML would be no problem for me, and because I'm curious, could anyone point me at where these XML files would be?

4. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    I haven't ever made use of the files, so I'm gonna go ahead and say they are updated with patches instantaneously through a complex system of quantum tunneling. I'm not quite sure what you mean by "where these XML files would be." They are available for download from the link, or you may deconstruct a .sc2map or .sc2mod file in to it's base files, which includes the associated XML files. There are programs and methods to achieve this de-compilation and re-compilation described over at sc2mapster.com.