1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Units Using Ability Simultaneously

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Maps, Replays, Modding' started by bongalak, Feb 20, 2011.

Units Using Ability Simultaneously

1. bongalak

bongalak New Member

How do you make a group of units use an ability at the same time when ordered to? For instance when I order a group of Raynor to use snipe, only one of them will use the ability. But I want to make it so that all them will snipe simultaneously at a single command. How can I make this happen?

2. kuvasz

kuvasz Corrections Officer

Hungary
    Hold down the hotkey for the ability for 2 seconds and spam clicks after it?

3. bongalak

bongalak New Member

That's the thing, I'm trying to make it so that I don't have to spam clicks. I want them to use their ability together at once, just like how a group of stalkers will blink simultaneously with one click.

4. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Do you know how to work the data editor? This can be fixed by going to the ability and unchecking the flag "Best Unit" for that ability. What this flag does is picks the most fit or best unit from a group of units and only has it do the ability. For example, you will probably see that the Raynor with the most energy or highest kills will use his Snipe ability first.

5. bongalak

bongalak New Member

Thanks, that worked! I know how to use data editor somewhat (changing unit stats, basic actor editing, etc), but I'm still in the process of trying to figure out what's where and what does what.

6. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

The problem with this though is you'll have you 6 High Templar cast Psi Storm in the same spot type thing.

7. EatMeReturns

EatMeReturns Happy Mapper Moderator

Albuquerque, New Mexico
    Only if he switches it for that ability, Fenix. It's a flag that is individual for each ability.

8. Fenix

Fenix Moderator

Right, I get that, Psi Storm was just a random ability.