1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What are your thoughts for BlizzCon this year?

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by Ych, Aug 5, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

What are your thoughts for BlizzCon this year?

Discussion in 'BlizzCon 2007' started by Ych, Aug 5, 2007.

1. Ych

Ych New Member

Is everyone satisfied for this years BlizzCon?

I was personally very satisfied. We get to learn a lot of new Terran units/mechanics as well as the new revamped Protoss. SC2 has changed soo much at BlizzCon compared to the one shown back in May. Most of the changes were for the good of the game. It also seems that a lot of the changes were basically feedback from the fans. I really appreciate how Blizzard is approaching SC2 and how they implement things based on the fans likes/dislikes. Once the game is released, it will be a game that is near perfect in that no fans have anything serious to complain.

The only thing I was very disappointed at this years BlizzCon is the lack of infomation for the Zergs. I was really expecting the Terran demo to be the Terrans vs the Zergs. (Kind of like the Protoss demo back in May where it was Protoss vs the Terrans.) But of course, I believe that once Blizzard is ready to reveal the Zergs, it is going to blow everyones mind away. Other then the fact that we know basically nothing about the Zergs still, I'm perfectly satisfied of how Blizzard is approaching SC2.

Also, it is important that we continue to give constructive feedbacks/criticism to Blizzard during the development of SC2 Blizzard really listens to their fans.

2. burkid

burkid New Member

i was pretty satisfied, especially with the campaign.

there were 3 problems i had with it, lack of any useful zerg info (saivoir drone is pretty worthless info without an explanation), the utter nerfing of MS and the removal of reavers, and the live feed, that would cut off SC2 stuff to watch the WoW tournaments. and lagged a lot. and sucked in general.

but yeah, besides that, i really enjoyed all the info.

3. Arachanox

Arachanox New Member

I enjoyed the insight into the Terran aspect of Starcraft 2, but personally I wanted a bit more info. I'm interested in learning more about the Nomad, and how the Munitions Depot and Shadow Ops Work. So far, there isn't a definite 'Nuclear Missile Silo', so I'm guessing that one of those two buildings will gain that ability.

On the Protoss revamp, I'm indifferent on the fact that the reaver is gone. I really didn't care either way, but the corruption of the Mothership is sad. Luckily, we have a few thousand people coming in and out of these forums...so hopefully Blizzard will get the idea that we want our old Ultimate Unit Mothership back.

4. burkid

burkid New Member

theres a screen shot of a nuke leaving a shadow ops.

5. Itsmyship

Itsmyship New Member

Where only cool people live... So Cal!
    All in all, I'm happy with what I learned...with the possible exception of the Protoss seeming far too downgraded, but other than that, I enjoyed every bit I got.

I especially enjoyed the campaign part....Blizz was right, this could be VERY groundbreaking if done correctly :powerup: to Blizz

6. GuiMontag

GuiMontag New Member

it was excellent for what it was, i think some people went abit crazy with what they thought would happen at blizzcon.

7. xasterothx

xasterothx New Member

well i watched it live soo i missed all the good stuff like the demo and the concert but overall it was good...the sc matches seemed really cool

but im still pissed about how the live coverage replaced the sc 2 demo and concert and thje other interesting stuff with crappy ass tourneys

8. Ych

Ych New Member

Yea, I'm also very disappointed at what they have done to the Mothership. I have wrote why I hated the new change countless of times so I won't be repeating it here again.

Anyways, I do hope Blizzard changes the Mothership to what it was meant to be.

9. zeratul11

zeratul11 New Member

im not yet fully satisfied until they will final allow us to download the HQ vids of the terran demo gameplay. ^^ come on starcraft2 .com hurry up =)

10. burkid

burkid New Member

well considering how long it took them to put up the WWI videos, i think it will take a while.

11. privateparts

privateparts New Member

i love all the new mechanics their adding to the Terrans, it's going to make strategies and diversity between races HUGE. However I'm disappointed with the removal of the Reavers (though im sure they will find a suitable replacement ;) and the removal of the black hole ability, I would assume they tweak it a bit, not completely remove it!

And did we discover about the Reapers flamethrower ability in the leaked vid? I didn't think we did that is also puzzling.

Overall we must remember though we are fans and Blizzard are appealing to us I hope you will not get angry if Blizzard does something you particularly don't like. Afterall there are thousands of us out there each with our own opinions, you can't expect Blizzard to appeal to everyone. I have faith in Blizzard that Starcraft 2 will live up to its reputation with or without my input and you should try and do the same.

TFE4LIFE!

12. GrahamTastic

GrahamTastic Member

Me too!!! IGN won't let me download the good versions, and besides, they were just pointing the camera at the screen. When SCII.com gets those videos, then my Blizzcon experience (at home) will be complete.

13. Cerebrate

Cerebrate New Member

First BlizzCon that revelead stuff about SC2 makes it best BlizzCon ever =)

Overall very satisfied, specially on campaign.

It was wise move from Blizzard to not reveal anything new from Zerg.

When new evoluted Zerg is introduced it will cause massive uproar and whine crys from Terran and Protoss fans. Starcraft 2 Zerg will dominate terrans and toss so bad that it won't be even funny.

Mark my words ;)

14. JudicatorPrime

JudicatorPrime New Member

Overall I was pretty happy with it, the only thing I could have gone without was the news with the Mothership... poor Mothership. Way to strip something of its status... How does it go from Super unit to crappiest unit ever...

Ahh well, Carriers ftw!

15. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

i was very happy with all the stuff especially the campain and the way it works now I'm very disappointed that Blizzard decided to scrap the idea of the Mothership altogether and make it a befeed up arbitar that shall be food for scourges. The loss of reavers make me sad :( but hopefully they will think of a good replacement. Archons with no feet? Didn't really care about that. And yes carriers are back and they are the capital ship not the warpray (which is now DT themed which i'm very happy about). In overall my mind is overloading at the new information while wanting more :p

16. qOcOp

qOcOp New Member

wait...what? reaper have flamethrowers? i missed this, what video? got link?

17. MyWifeforauir

MyWifeforauir New Member

it was on the leaked vid showing phase cannons, soul hunters, tempests and twilight archons (watch the phase cannon bit you can see the reapers using flamethrowers (also the phase cannon turns orangish))

18. DontHate

DontHate New Member

i'm pretty sure this idea was scrapped and replaced with the time bombs.

19. privateparts

privateparts New Member

Hmm well that is unfortunate I wonder what the Terran counter for Zerglings will be then? As for the flamethrower ability being REPLACED with time bombs I don't think so they have a completely different function to flamethrower splash damage.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.