1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

What's wrong with Blizzard map design?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Strategy Discussion' started by Supernova, Sep 8, 2011.

What's wrong with Blizzard map design?

1. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    I'm a bit sick of seeing pro games where the Terran can just siege up on a difficult to reach position that is in range of a zerg natural mineral line. It's just not enjoyable to watch something like this that can be exploited so easily because it is VERY tough for a zerg to deal with in the early game.

Currently I'm referencing the recent "Shoutcraft Invitational" matchup between Morrow and DDE on Shakuras Plateau. Close air positions, FE for both players, Terran goes fast tank, fast medivac, drops tanks in alley behind destructable rocks and sieges up in range of Morrows mineral line. Morrow eventually loses because he loses his main, loses his spawning pool, and just couldnt even hit the tanks on the low ground despite having relatively fast mutas. Maybe roaches would have worked in this situation since they are just such an awesome ranged unit that takes bonus damage from tank shots, but that wouldve just further delayed the mutas that are needed to aid in shutting down the constant load/drop micro of the marines.

Similar situations can occur on Tal Darim. Similar situations used to be able to occur on the former Lost Temple.. What gives? Why does Blizzard love doing this?

2. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    I agree with you, as I have difficulty dealing with terrans that abuse certain map terrains, however I don't think it is a flaw. It is an asset that the terran have.

Morrow probably didn't have map control, you want to prevent the terran from even getting close to your base. Funny how Morrow is a very passive player, where DDE is a very aggressive one, so what you saw was not the greatest example game styles.

Watch Nestea vs any Terran, he's so proactive in his positioning giving him map control over his portion of the map or even the whole map. When you know your opponent is pushing out, you can engage him further away from your base.

PS: where the F were u today? I was on all day playing with tards lol

3. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    Well its not that Terran shouldnt be able to control maps, but I feel like being able to just kill the zerg via starvation because they cant engage u is kinda cheap in the early game. Idk. Thats why i think its flawed, not for other reasons. Moreover, in this game, it was an extremely fast tank, medi drop.. morrow didnt even have lair yet. idk..

As far as ZvT, I love the matchup. I love waiting for the T to make a stupid move while not seiged and watch my ling bane muta or w/e combo i have decimate his army in 2 seconds.

AND - I was not on all day because IDK. LOL. We need to play tomorrow I think. We need to up our 2s!

4. cHowziLLa

cHowziLLa New Member

Montreal
    that's a lot of IDKs

5. Supernova

Supernova New Member

Wisconsin
    Well the first 2 were intended. The last one was for LULZ!