1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Where to download OS X installers for SC and D2?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by the8thark, Jan 17, 2010.

Where to download OS X installers for SC and D2?

Discussion in 'Blizzard Forum' started by the8thark, Jan 17, 2010.

1. the8thark

the8thark New Member

I have looked all over the Blizz and B.net websites for the OS X installers for D2 and SC. And It says
    But this support page says nothing about the installers as does the online store. I already own both games as do most people here and I jsut want to download the installers again. Cause I lost the old files of them I had.

Gee kind of strange of Blizzard making these hard to find.

2. cautionmike_190

cautionmike_190 New Member

Philippines
    hummm.... i think because of the sponsors?

3. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

Have you found them yet?

Well if not, do you have your games tied to your account yet?
    If so, then try this:

http://blizzard.com/store -> Sign in -> Account (Top right corner) -> You should see a list of your games. Click "Manage Game" for the game you want to install for Mac OS X. -> Click on the Apple icon.

If you did not upload your game:
    http://blizzard.com/store -> Sign in -> Account (Top right corner) -> Click "Add Game" -> Proceed with above.

4. the8thark

the8thark New Member

I tried that and from there where I manage the games I clicked on the Apple symbol. And it just downloaded the "blizzard downloader" for the respective game you are managing at the time. No OS X installer. Maybe you get the installer if you download the full game. But I don't want to waste bandwith on that.

On another note I found some really old CDs with the SC and D2 OS X installers on it. But still I want to be able to find them on Blizzard's site. And short of downloading the entire game I dunno. I think if you went out and bought say SC for like $10 from your local store and are using OS X you are a little screwed.

I dunno if sharing the 2 installer files here is allowed. But I'd like to so Apple users who want to play these great old games still can.

5. Hodl pu

Hodl pu New Member

I have both games installed on my mac, so don't worry. And yes you are correct, the OS X installer comes after you finish downloading that Blizzard Downloader thing, which takes quite a long time after you double click it.