1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Why are there no more infested Protoss?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by the8thark, Mar 28, 2010.

Why are there no more infested Protoss?

Discussion in 'StarCraft 2 Story and Races' started by the8thark, Mar 28, 2010.

1. the8thark

the8thark New Member

Infested Terrans are part of SC lore now. But how come no more Protoss have been infested. As far as I remember one of the Protoss high up leaders in Brood Wars was infested. That woman Protoss. I don't think the game said it was infested but I think it was. And I am asking why do you think the zerg are not infesting the Protoss en mass like they are doing to the Terrans?

2. Gasmaskguy

Gasmaskguy New Member

Sweden
    I think Raszagal wasn't really infested but just corrupted and mindcontrolled by Kerrigan.

3. EonMaster

EonMaster Eeveelution Master

Black City, Unova
    I think Kerrigan even said at some point in the campaigns that Raszagal was under her control, meaning most likely by mind control. If she was infested, she would've become that perfect hybrid the Overmind had been trying to make.

4. Windblade

Windblade New Member

Chicago
    She was mind-controlled, never infested in any way

the lore dictates (very very strictly) that Protoss cannot be infested in anyway by the Zerg, which is why Duran and whoever he works for have resulted into forcibly splicing toss and zerg DNA to create the Hybrid species.

The Xel'Naga planned for the toss and zerg to become one, but no one knows how that was honestly meant to happen considering many things wrong (XN got backstabbed by Zerg and left, which possibly ended the plan or maybe it didnt...)

5. lehua768

lehua768 Guest

That woman Protoss. I don't think the game said it was infested but I think it was. And I am asking why do you think the zerg are not infesting the Protoss en mass like they are doing to the Terrans?

6. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

There's no proof she was infested; lots of proof she wasn't.

The zerg don't know how to infest the protoss (yet), so how can they have infested Raszagal? They also can't infest protoss en masse because they don't know how to infest protoss.

7. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Protoss can't get infested because of the Khala. Don't know for sure how that goes for DT's, but maybe their Void stuff protects them from it. Either way, the only know events of Protoss getting infested, was with them getting infected by a form of mutated creep they were researching. (which was in a (canon) book, just saying before people flame me that such a thing never appeared in-game)

8. Mako

Mako New Member

Which book? Sounds interesting lol.

9. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

StarCraft: Frontline: Volume 2. Short story named "Creep".

10. HuxleyStronghead

HuxleyStronghead New Member

I'm not an expert with this but I would say that protoss are too strong or too pure to be infested by a zerg. They have a strong mind and so forth. I mean what is a terran and what is a protoss? The protoss are an advanced race with certain psyonic power, while the terran are just human scum (only compared to a protoss :p).

11. Aurora

Aurora The Defiant

The Netherlands
    Protoss themselves aren't that advanced. They can't even speak. :p
    But seriously, almost all their tech is Xel'Naga stuff.

12. HuxleyStronghead

HuxleyStronghead New Member

Well yeah, the protoss got uplifted by the xel'naga so they posses lots of xel'naga stuff. But once I read about protoss and their children. And that they have a strong tie to them. When a young protoss dies it always causes great sorrow amongst the parents. Yeah, I would say that the protoss are a noble and strong race. Nothing against the terran, they are cool, too. But the terran are just like the Horde, well, a bunch! ... if you know what I mean.

13. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

"But once I read about protoss and their children. And that they have a strong tie to them. When a young protoss dies it always causes great sorrow amongst the parents."

Pretty sure that's not canon.

14. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

wouldn't surprise me if it was, the amount of starcraft books out there is quite large, and for an entire species that is psionically connected it makes sense.

Why would the xel'naga make the protoss immune to zerg infestation if that was their entire goal though?

15. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

Ijffdrie, I've read every StarCraft book out there. There was mention of "children" in Firstborn, but I'm pretty sure that sentence wasn't there. But I'll check it out.

The two species were supposed to gradually merge over time. Presumably the zerg would develop the ability to bypass the psychic link when they were ready to merge. The Overmind had not figured that out yet (or so I presume since we never saw any infested protoss/hybrids until after its death).

Alternatively, the xel'naga hadn't finished with the zerg by the time they got ... eaten.

16. Gandromidar

Gandromidar New Member

Queensland, Australia
    They don't really need to speak, they use telepathy to communicate with other Protoss + Terran. But yeah, the Khala protects them from being infested =P.

17. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

but that would make dark templar vulnerable to infestation, which means raszagal being infested isn't entirely impossible(still unlikely as she looked the same). The dark templar would still be mostly safe, due to the whole superweapon temple, and no dark templar have fallen in the hands of the zerg( i think, not read all the books)

18. Kimera757

Kimera757 New Member

There's only one source saying the Khala protects from infestation - the Creep short comic. Specifically, it was a sentence from a Khala-following scientist. There were no Dark Templar in the story; for all we know the Void also protects from infestation.

The zerg had captured a bunch of Dark Templar in the original mission "Into the Darkness", including Zeratul, yet had never infested any of them. I think they're also immune, or at least it would take a lot of time for the zerg to figure out how to infect them.

19. ijffdrie

ijffdrie Lord of Spam

It is mentioned in i think shadows of the xel'naga that a queen is required for infestation(or at least was in the zerg structure of that time), so it's possible they were simply waiting for the queen to arrive.

20. capthavic

capthavic New Member

on a side note I'd just like to say how disappointed I was in their lack of security measures *shakes head*